I LOVE Reese's peanut butter cups (not that I actually eat them, because I am still trying to lose my baby weight) So I was excited when my hubbie surprised me by getting a giant bag of them.....the word surprised being used loosely because I was in the candy isle with him when we put them in the cart. Oh the soft chocolate surrounding the sweetened, creamy peanut butter.....YUM! Anyway, we were in the middle of a game with my brother Barlow and his wife Andrea when Bryan pulled out the peanut butter cups, but where did he pull them out of???THE FREEZER!
My delicious treat was now solid as a rock!! Oh the travesty. What you must understand is that Bryan freezes EVERYTHING. He can not drink mere tap water and bottled water in the fridge does not make the cut either so he sticks the bottled water in the freezer. He has also reached the point were he can not drink milk at all because it is just not cold enough. The obsession is not just with cold things though. He likes his food crunchy. If I make bread sticks only one of us will like them. Soft=I like them. Hard, crunchy, and over cooked=Bryan likes them. Marshmallows are the same. He takes the bag of marshmallows out of the Walmart bag, opens it and.....you guessed it, sticks it in the freezer, that's right. Stale marshmallows left in an open bag are apparently not as good as stale frozen ones, who knew? So the war continues, but did he have to bring in the peanut butter cups?? I mean have a heart.
To my astonishment, they liked it! Barlow and Andrea both liked the unnaturally hard candy. Andrea went as far as to say that she didn't really care for them normally (WHAT?!?) but that they were pretty good frozen. After our company left my sweetheart took the bag of candy, split it in half and put his half back in the freezer and mine on the shelf to thaw out.
And now as I sit here craving chocolate (which again, I would never really eat anyway) I find myself wandering over to the freezer. Oh what a sad day when I have to say.....He was RIGHT! They ARE better frozen! I don't think I will ever understand why someone would willing "burn" their french fries so that they are crispy instead of soft I have to admit that from now on, I think I will be freezing my peanut butter cups.
10 comments:
I just bought a bag yesterday, maybe I will go put them in the freezer- er, the couple that are left anyway(and we bought the BIG bag too).
My father-in-law puts everything in the fridge. Like honey and bread and such. If you put the two of them together, everything in the kitchen would be very cold.
I can't believe I read that right! I am so shocked, the look on your face that night when Bryan told you he put all of them in the freezer... it was as if he told you he had just run over a newborn puppy with his car. Mmmmm, I sure could go for some ice cold Reese's...
Brenda, I am sitting here laughing...this is too funny. We have the same ongoing debate over at my house. Nate's family freezes EVERYTHING. They claim it's cause they're from the south and with the humidity there you have to, but we're not still in the south people!! Anyway, there are actually a few things I've been pulled to the "dark side" over and prefer frozen now. And sorry to say, but I'm with Bryan on the super-cold milk. We keep our fridge colder than anyone else I know and now my girls won't drink milk at other people's houses. They say it's "old". :-) I usually agree with them. And the tradition continues...
I can't agree with you on the frozen be cause it makes my teeth hurt too much to even bite. I would starve with Bryans way. I thought you were getting them out of the freezer to save you half for later. Bryan would think he ate his so fast.
That is really funny. I really like frozen candy too. I was actually eating a handful of frozen reeses pieces when I sat down to look at blogs! (WE have 2 bags of frozen peanut butter cups in the freezer from the Batman deal and 2 more bags of pieces) Anyway, try York Peppermint Pattys frozen...YUM!
I'd try it, but alas, we do not keep candy in our house. I'll have to have Jessic try the very cold milk thing, since she normally wont touch it.
I was on your side the whole story, I love the softness of the candy. But I guess I will have to try it frozen next time I buy them (Probably Halloween or Christmas, I am also still trying to loose the baby weight)
Well, this gives me a good excuse to go off the diet - after all, I now have to know for myself. I'll freeze a bag and have one bag just normal. Then I'll eat one from each until I've complete the experiment. (Since I am a slow learner - this may take both bags to complete.) I will publish my findings on my blog.
Just one other note of interest. I wonder if they've ever thought of using extra crunchy peanutbutter - I'll bet it would be absolutely delicious.
BTW, I am glad your kids would like to live with me so much!! You should just fly them over to visit for a while.
I'm don't like biting into cold things. I prefer my water with no ice, please. But some things are better frozen, like chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies or snowmen. So, maybe you're on to something!
Post a Comment