Ok, so I sat down this morning to post about our trip to Bear Lake. I got a sneaky suspicion that Ashton needed some attention. I am not sure, but after 20 minutes of screaming at my feet I decided to scrap the post and change his diaper. (it was not a good post, I could not concentrate through the crying baby and the constant asking of Nathan if it was his turn on Nick Jr) I went to change Asthon just to find out that his diaper rash again is worse than yesterday! But I am getting ahead of myself so lets start at the beginning.
We didn't leave our house until 6:00 pm and drove through the night. (I guess now I know what happens when you blog first and pack later) We stopped by to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Bodily:
We went on a hike to see a really old tree and on the way we found several crystals. Now my kids have claimed to have found crystals before (you know in peoples yards where they have landscaped with they sparkly white rock?) But this was different...real crystals. I am not sure what kind they are but he kids loved it. Uncle Ben was really good at finding the crystals and Kaylee's eyes sparkled like diamonds when he gave them to her.
Speaking of diamonds. On the second day at the beach it was SUPER windy. The sand started to blow hard enough that it was pelting us and hurt, so we were packing up and heading to the cars. On one trip back to the car I just happened to look down at the right moment and saw a wedding ring on the ground....just sitting there! I picked it up and made sure it did not belong to anyone around. It looks real so I figure I will let the city know I found it in case someone claims it, but if not I will clean it up, have it appraised and find out how much my little treasure find is worth. (I am not posting a picture of the ring so that none of you can falsely claim it as your own....not that you would, but you know)
The day before we were going to leave Ashton's bum started getting sore (hence the title...no "cracks") I know it is not a funny joke if you have to explain it, but oh well. I had thought to bring Desitin, but decided against it. Well if you have ever been to Bear Lake you will know that the closest store within an hour of the place is a gas station, so we looked for some Desitin and found that a small tube was almost $8! We opted for the Vaseline ($1) thinking this would work until we got home.....it didn't. On the drive home we had to stop almost every hour to change a diaper. At least for the first half of the trip. The Vaseline did not seem to do much and I even looked at two other gas stations on the way home thinking I would just give in a buy the dumb Desitin, but they did not even carry any! So I was so excited when I got home to be able to sooth my poor baby's bottom.
I would like to say that as soon as we got home and started treating him with Desitin the rash went away, but it didn't! It is even worse now that before and I swear he goes to the bathroom every hour. Nathan was actually allergic to Desitin and Vaseline so maybe Ashton is too. I have resorted to letting him air dry after I rinse him in the sink after each diaper change (yeah that gets old FAST) I am about at my wits end. I am SO tired of changing diapers and nothing is helping the rash go away. So please forgive me for taking so long to post about my trip, it is hard to come back to a weeks worth of blogs to read, only having small breaks between diaper changes to work in!
17 comments:
Glad to hear your trip went well, sounds like fun. Sorry about the diapers and sore bum at your house! Hopefully it gets better soon.
You'll have to post a picture of the ring if/when no one claims it and you get to keep it. That's crazy. Sad for whoever lost it though.
Sounds like a fun trip. I have been wanting to go camping for a while, so I am totally jealous.
How nice of the wind to pick up so you didn't get homesick. I hope the lost ring finds its way back to the owner (how horrible would that be, to loose your wedding ring at a lake!)
BTW, sometimes my kids would get yeast rashes and the only thing that would save them was monistat 7. Just a thought.
Yeah, I am kind of torn because if someone is looking for the ring, or sad that they lost it I would love just to hand it over, but there is a part of my heart that hopes no one claims it and I can sell it....is that terrible?
Charlotte- I am pretty sure it is a regular rash because he has diarrhea, but if it doesn't get better soon I will try it.
I love the pictures of Nathan in the slideshow- the one where he is the seamonster and the one where he is "ready to go home"! They both made me laugh out loud.
I've tried the Vaseline thing before, too. It never worked for me either. Nothing beats good, old fashioned Desitin. We'll be needing a lot less of that stuff around here now! I don't think Jace has ever had a diaper rash... maybe a small one for a day or two. But Addie was queen of diaper rash. Glad to be done with that *knock on wood!*
What a fun trip! So, my mother-in-law swears by corn startch for diaper rashes. I guess it's worth a try if theres some sitting in your cupboard.
Try bag blam that is what I had to use on diaper rashes when you were little and nothing else worked. It worked great. Love the post. Your trip really looks like you had fun.
That looks like so much fun. I want to get all our family together some time to do something like that. That stinks about Ashton. Poor little guy. Also poor little you. Since my kids don't poop I am always praying that they do but I am sure you're praying all day that he'll stop. Just send some of that looseness over this way and we'll both be happy!
Looks like a good trip. I kinda hope no one claims the ring either, I love finding stuff like that
Enjoyed your comments and the pictures. We were glad to get home and shower too. But, we are already missing you guys. The kids were so much fun to be with.
I agree with grandpa davis. Your kids are so much fun. I really miss them too. Love the picture with Grandma and Grandpa Bodily.
You should try being over at their house and trying to play a grown-up game of Settlers. You won't think they are so fun then!
I can't believe that about the ring!! Holy cow! I always dream of stuff like that and it never happens to me.
I know my sister Amy had this diaper rash cream that was like unbelievable, she swore by it, I'll have to ask her what it was. Hopefully his little bum gets better soon, poor guy.
poor baby. Kristens son gets bad rashes like that but luckily my boys never have gotten anything that bad. I prefers A and D diaper rush stuff when they do get it.
The trip sounds like so much fun, except it sounds like Ashton had a bummer trip.
The ring probably has a sad story of a young man who popped the question, and she declined. Heart broken, he walked the beach in tears and finally through the ring into the lake. The ring was eaten by a small fish, then a larger one and yet even a larger one who then, like Ashton, had a terrible bowel movement and the poop with the ring inside was washed ashore, where birds swooped down and picked up the poop and started eating it as it flew through the air, but it spit out the ring which fell through the air until caught by the wind, which landed it momements before at your feet.
I hope you don't start calling it "my precious!" If that does start, then there's another story about the ring.
Sounds like fun(sorry I am so late on commenting...vacation for us, you know!) I always loved going to Bear Lake while I was at Utah State. Good luck with that ring...Dad's comment made me laugh...my precious...
Post a Comment