Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

First Day of School

Here are my thoughts this morning:

Boy, my house is a mess, I really need to clean it

Maybe I can scrapbook today.....no I have to much laundry to fold (2 weeks worth! Vacation really threw me for a loop)

Maybe I can hurry and get my housework done, then scrapbook.....no, don't feel like doing the house work

I do have all these cans and food to put in them for my food storage, maybe I should get started with that.....no I have to clean the kitchen first..........don't feel like cleaning the kitchen
Maybe I should clean up the house really quick, then get started on my food storage.....no if I clean the house then I should scrapbook

What else can I do before I start my housework? Maybe I should blog about something....no nothing to blog about

Maybe I should check other peoples blogs to see what they are blogging about (anything to not start housework right?)

Lets see.....This person blogged about the first day of school....this person blogged about first day of school....first day of school.......first day of school again....wait a minute!!! I have not blogged about my kids first day of school!!!! What is wrong with me???
Here goes:









Kaylee is starting first day. She is super excited to use her littlest pet shop lunch box every day. When we took her school shopping she surprised me at how stylish everything was that she picked out. She has a great eye for fashion (she did not get that from me.) Her reading skills are improving everyday and I know she will do great this year in school.











Trevor who is getting less thrilled about getting his picture taken, is still very thrilled to be starting second grade. He has several friends in his class and is ready to get back into things. I love that he is there to help Kaylee and show her things like where to turn in her lunch money. I have heard though that he avoids her at recess (who can really blame him right?) Trevor was much easier to take shopping, mostly it was...does it fit? Ok then, lets get it.







Of course Nathan and Ashton are still stuck with me in the messy house all day, but if you ask Nathan he will tell you that he does go to school. He can even tell you about his teacher and what his lesson was about that day. I am reminded as I look at these pictures that I still have not scrapbooked my kids first day of school last year!! What am I thinking sitting here on the computer when there is so much scrapbooking to be done? Oh yeah, the housework, better get started.

11 comments:

Charlotte said...

They look great, I hope they have a good year. Just what does Nathan say about his school? I bet it is hilarious.

andrea said...

Hahaha! This made me laugh. It's a good thing you didn't decide to scrapbook without me, RIGHT? Trevor looks like such a stud in that 2nd picture! That's so funny that Trevor avoids Kaylee at recess. Little sisters are such a pain. :)

Shayla said...

I love hearing your thoughts...at least you actually consider doing what needs to be done. I just sit down at my computer and don't think about it at all. :-)

Charlotte said...

I was able to talk myself around doing housework all day long (aren't you proud?)

Tucker Mom said...

The kids look great.I am finding my self so busy that I don't have time to do the housework or to blog.

Anonymous said...

So much fun. I haven't got the joy of doing first day of school blog yet. I'll get to do the first day of preschool soon though!

Kristi said...

Good job on blogging on the first day of school. I can relate to the internal dialogue of the never ending to-do list. Good luck scrapbooking!

Tucker Dad said...

The kids look great. Kaylee looks so grown up. Perhaps she'll take after her grandpa and become a great buyer someday - or maybe she'll become a famous fashion designer and make lots of money.

I too have trouble getting around to cleaning up the house and doing my scrap booking. Maybe tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

I would really like to see Rick's scrapbook!!
But, today is Labor Day and I think in honor of labor we should not labor but think about it.
I am thinking about cleaning the garage and cleaning the laundry room and the bookshelves downstairs.
Thanks for the update on the kids. They look at least two weeks older than the last time I saw them. Time flies! I think when I get back to work tomorrow I'll copy the pictures to My Pictures file so they can rotate thru my Screen saver.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I loved Trevor's arms folded picture. Ken commented that it made him look just like Bryan.

Boyer Family said...

Wow your kids are growing up fast. Ashton is so cute! I wish I could meet him.