1. Sketchers: I LOVE Sketchers. They are my all time favorite brand of shoes. I have a few pairs, but these are my all time favorite. I have never been a "shoe" person and shoes are always the first thing to come off when I walk in the door, but these are SO different. I find myself keeping them on for hours, they are SO comfortable.
2. Grease Lightning: This stuff is a miracle cleaner, no joke! It gets out everything. I use it to pretreat my laundry and have successfully gotten out marker, baby poop, baby spit up and blood. Even if it has already been through the washer and drier....it STILL gets it out. It also takes pen and marker off walls, and gets grease of dishes. I can not clean my house without it.
3. My Sunglasses: These are $200 sunglasses...you heard right. Now I did not pay for them so here is how I got them. My health insurance covers $400 worth of eye hardware every year. I wear rigid gas permeable contacts (aka NOT disposable at all) So I could use all of my money towards glasses. After picking out a pair of regular glasses I asked if I could have a pair of NON-prescription sunglasses. They said sure and low and behold....the insurance paid for them. Go figure.
4. Crest Pro-Health: I have always been a Crest Kid (the other stuff is just....eewww!) And I have to admit that I have a love/hate relationship with this particular toothpaste. I hate how it smells, tastes and feels in my mouth, but LOVE how it works. It really whitened my teeth and leaves them feeling clean. But I will warn you now...do not brush your tongue with it!!
5. Bare Naturale by Loreal: To most I realize that Loreal is a "drug store" brand aka, you can buy it at Wal-mart, but to me it is an expensive brand, meaning it is more than Cover Girl. I started using this system of foundation after a recommendation from my mother and have gotten 2 complements on my face complexion since starting to use it. It is around $12 per bottle and you need to buy 3-4 bottles for the whole system. I only bought three...I skipped the sparkly one.
6. Clorox Wipes: This is all I will use to clean my bathrooms. I use it on the counters, toilet and floor, doorknobs, lights switches etc. Not only can I just throw it away when I am done, but if I give one to Nathan he will go to town!! He cleans walls, dusts off the tv's, wipes tables and shelves and anything else I tell him to do. I have also tried Lysol Wipes and Kirkland Signature and love them as well I just happen to have the Clorox ones at the current time.
19 comments:
I love people's recommendation lists...I always hear about something that I didn't know about before. Like Greased Lightning...never heard of that before, but now I need a bottle of it. I've been wanting to try the mineral makeups forever, but I'm sooooo cheap. I get my makeup from Mary Kay at 40% off from my MIL, but even that is way more than I want to pay for makeup. So...long story short...I got a recommendation for a website that sells mineral makeup for CHEAP. I got it a couple weeks ago and LOVE it. It's called E.L.F. makeup at www.eyeslipsface.com. I got the whole mineral system for $20, including brushes. It may be pretty comparable in price to Loreal after paying shipping, but it was cheap enough that I felt like I could try it and not lose too much if I didn't like it. Oh, and I love their lip glosses and nail polish, you can try tons of colors at only a $1 a pop. Okay, I'm done. The end. :-)
I use the same things as you do go figure. I have two pairs of those shoes and I love both pair.
Shoes look comffy, greased lightening rocks, never tried clorox wipes- maybe I will pick some up.
And I don't believe that you have NOTHING to blog about.
Shayla- I have heard of E.L.F. before and have wanted to try them, maybe we should get together and try each others makeup out to see which we like better....sounds like a girls night party to me?
Brenda, I can't believe you! I have been preparing to do a post exactly like this for like 2 weeks! I've been mentally making a list of things to take pictures of when I got around to it. I even took pictures of the kids with some of their favorite things, thinking maybe I'd throw that in there. I was also considering maybe making it a weekly feature, just picking one favorite item of the week... Anyway, GMTA, I guess we need to not spend so much time together.
Loved to hear about all the stuff, I am almost out of foundation and plan to try mineral stuff next. Sounds like that E.L.F. stuff might be worth a try! And thanks for the heads up on the toothpaste. I've always wondered if there's really a difference between kinds of toothpastes.
Charlotte, you were kidding about the never trying Clorox wipes, right???? You meant that you just usually use a different brand?
Great, now I have a complex. Stupid peer pressure, I will have to go out and buy them right away. Never bought a single thing like that (did I mention that I am a little cheap).
I don't think Crest pro health tastes bad. I have almost all of those same things. The only thing I don't have is the grease lightening.
I use crest pro health too--but I think it tastes fine! That's funny that Andrea said she was thinking of making a favorite things list, because I have been making a mental list lately also. p.s.if you don't already know my blog is: bikebellgirl.blogspot.com
I love my sketchers (because I dont have to tie the laces- they strech like yours)
You have got me convinced on the make up I am going to try it
We must have been raised in the same home as I was...I use all those thing. And Charlotte, you should have a complex....wipes are the only way to clean a bathroom. I have even switched to disposable toilet bowl cleaners (I got for free of course) because it is more sanitary. Andrea....let Tami and I see if we can work some magic and score you some free mineral makeup!!
Fine. Yesterday I was walking through Target and saw some wipes on clearance and bought them. And used them to clean my bathroom today. And saw Joseph pull out 600 for no good reason. We shall see . . .
Kim- I also love disposable toilet cleaners!! I got a bunch for a bridal shower and absolutely loved them, until they ran out and I went to buy more and saw how expensive they are. I can't wait for the day when I can use them again :-) I am all about the disposable cleaning products, Swiffers and wipes at the very top of the list and MUST haves.
Charlotte- that is HILARIOUS. at least you hadn't gotten the HUGE costco size, right?
I love this post! I am running out the door right now to buy some Grease Lightning! I can't believe that about your sunglasses, I am insanely jealous. I have been on a lifelong hunt for the perfect pair of sunglasses. Currently I wear a pair of $15 gas station ones. I always want to get the Clorox wipes, but can't justify buying them when I can use Lysol and a rag.
Hey Brenda! We love it here so far too. I might change my mind once it snows....Arizona NEVER gets snow and I'm sure I will freeze. I'm studying Exercise Physiology and Jason is doing Biology. He wants to be a PA so we have lots of school left. It's so fun looking at your blog and keeping up with what everyone is up too.
Hey Brenda! We love it here so far too. I might change my mind once it snows....Arizona NEVER gets snow and I'm sure I will freeze. I'm studying Exercise Physiology and Jason is doing Biology. He wants to be a PA so we have lots of school left. It's so fun looking at your blog and keeping up with what everyone is up too.
I love this post. Thanks for all the tips. Greased lightening is calling my name...
Hey! Thanks for the comments on my blog! It's so fun keeping in touch with everyone. I love the idea of the mineral makeup...maybe I'll have to give it a try. Does it have any fragrance?
I just got some pro-health (was paid 75 cents for taking it). I usually use the crest cinnamon flavored kind, which I really like. We'll see about the crest, but what can taste better than free?
I have never had more than $15 glasses. I'm totally jealous.
I keep shoes like that too, and when I get new ones, I always hate how they aren't like my comfy ones
Shalise- as far as I can tell there is no fragrance. I can't tell that it smells and it does not have the word fragrance in the ingredients.
Post a Comment