Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

And the Cat Came Back.....

Over the last couple of weeks we have had tons of fun with company here. My parents, and my brother Gordon and his wife Jessica were in town. They were going to leave on Monday the 4Th. We were so sad to see them go. They packed up their car and took off down the road.
A couple of hours later we got a call saying that they had finished the few errands in town they had to do, but Jessica was very ill (pale and shaking kind of ill) So they were coming back!!! Hooray!! Of course we felt terrible about Jess being sick, but were very happy to have another day to spend with family. The next morning, they again packed up into the car and headed down the road. We had fewer tears this time, but were still sad to see them go. As I started getting my house back in order, we again received a call. This time it was the car that was not feeling so swell. It had blown a hole in the radiator in Pendleton (just over an hour down the road.) There was a mechanic coming to tow the car, but they had to order in a part so it would not be ready until the next day.....hooray? Yes, yes, Hooray! So back they came. My Brother had to be back at work, so they rented a car and drove home, but my parents had to wait for their car to be done. As they packed up to go on Wednesday, we had the feeling that this time it would stick....Hooray.....I mean ah man. They were just finishing up when a large Husky dog came and parked on our front porch. We said goodbye to my parents, but the pooch stayed most of the day. He seemed very nice and the kids named him Poocher.
(Nathan would not go near the dog) The dog left that night, but my other visitor (the stomach flu that Jessica gave me) Stayed around until the next day. I am happy to report that we are now visitor free, back to the normal routines......It is kind of dull......anyone want to come over?

12 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Wow! That is a huge dog! I hadn't heard all the "stay in washington" stories. We're never coming back we might get sick and have our car break down...bad luck...

Charlotte said...

Talk about boomerang visitors. I thought it was the kids who are supposed to keep moving back to their parents house, not the other way around ;) Glad the dog left before you had to buy dog food. Love the picture of all the visitors with your kids. Great coloring!!

Barlow said...

Cool looking dog!

Boyer Family said...

Maybe now I can get you and mom on the phone sometimes ;) Glad you guys had some extra days together even though they were expensive.

andrea said...

The dog was so cute, I wish you would have kept him. I miss him already.

Tucker Mom said...

I could give a different spin on this sad but true story but it was fun to stay and I think everybody was ready to get back to the normal routines of things. We loved our visit and really miss the kids already. Thanks for making our vacation a great one.

GordonTucker said...

I'd love to come visit again!

Tucker Dad said...

did you know that when I grew up, we had a german shepherd dog. It was about the same size as th eone one your yard, and every bit as beautiful, but more black and white. we called her "Frosty".

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they made it home, but that is awesome that they kept coming back like that. The dog is pretty, but I am not an animal lover, so I would have just left it alone. I think Spencer and Benson would have been scared of him.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I should come visit you sometime. Nathan and Spencer would have so much fun together and Ashton could teach Benson how to walk!)

Kevin and Eliza said...

That is pretty crazy about how your family just couldn't get out of town. :) How fun for you guys though. Hey thanks for the compliment on the talks. I didn't even notice your children on Sun. Wow I can't believe Ashton is walking. It does happen so fast.

Brenda said...

Becca- We LOVE visitors! You are welcome any time!