Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

Jog-A-Thon

The kids came home a while back with a form to collect pledges for the schools first annual Jog-A-Thon. They needed sponsors to pledge an amount for each lap that they ran. If they collected $25 in pledges they would get a cool T-Shirt. I hate hitting up friends and family for stuff like this (they do have one more week to collect pledges though just to let you know) So I decided to pledge $1.00 per lap for each kid. For some reason I thought that they would be running around a normal sized track and in the back of my head I thought, OK the kids will run for 1 hour so I think they could at max run around a normal sized track about 6-8 times. Well this morning was the big event, and while I was getting ready the thought hit me that elementary schools don't have a normal sized track, then I thought....Oh no!! They are going to be running laps around the gym! And I pledged $1.00 per lap!!! They are each going to run like 50 laps! I was trying to figure out a way to get out of paying my pledge, or at least changing to $0.25 per lap as we pulled up to the school. Luckily they had the kids running laps around on the playground. It was not as big as a full sized track, but it was about half that size. The kids had a lot of fun, but it was really cold and windy. I am not sure on the totals so I think that they each ran about 20 laps. Nathan even went once around with Trevor! Not to bad, I will have to pitch in the extra five to get them their shirts I guess.

5 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Looks like fun. I like the one with Nathan and Trevor walking together. That is cool. I liked your new quotes too. Nathan is so random!

andrea said...

That looks like fun. And I hope you're going to punish Trevor for peeing on his brother, that is just rude.

Tucker Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tucker Mom said...

Ok now I know what the pee is. My sister Margo told my mom that I took off her PJ's and put them on and peed in the bed then put them back on her. I guess it is natural to blame the sibling.

Boyer Family said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I remember those things being the highlight of my year in Elementary School. It is crazy all the kids are wearing coats!