We have finally finished our fence. No more pesky neighbors telling our kids not to play in their own yard. It took us a full year start to finish, but in all fairness, Bryan did work a lot and I did have a new baby during that time, so cut us some slack. I think we did a great job. We did have some awesome help from our friend Michael as well as Barlow and Andrea (we did not make Andrea do hard labor, but she helped out a ton by watching the kids so we could both work) None of our help had ever done this type of fence before, so we had to figure it all out on our own (a little help from Goggle, every now and then.)
Trevor and Kaylee have been keeping busy with school work and piano lessons. Kaylee's writing is getting really good. She creates some great stories now. She is very creative (Trevor could only write non-fiction stories in Kindergarten, but Kaylee writes all sorts of stories) and Trevor is now reading books that are at a 5th grade level. Here is a sample of their piano skills (they have only been in lessons for about 9 months I think):
Nathan keeps me on my toes and laughing still. He is a very observative boy. When I take time to do my hair or make-up in the morning (after he asks if it is Sunday) he tells me how nice I look, or he will compliment my clothes. He is always singing around the house and I got a pretty good sample:
Ashton is growing up super fast. On Sunday, he got a hold of a pink marker and did a number on himself. At first I thought he was bleeding, but then noticed it was to pink to be blood. I am starting to have to baby proof my house again. I have to fix my vacuum before Ashton becomes a human vacuum.
9 comments:
Yeah for seeing the Davis family again! The fence looks great. The kids sounds good. Nathan needs a haircut. Baby proof the house...hmmm I guess I should start thinking of that.
Awesome job on the piano, Trevor and Kaylee! I guess I have gotten used to hearing you, I haven't realized just how good you guys are getting. Nathan is too cute (even if he's a little black between the eyes).
I'm glad to hear you guys are still doing ok, you never know when I go a whole day without seeing or talking to you.
Keep it up kaylee and trevor, its sounding great.
Great post
The kids sound so good on the piano. Nathan has a wonderful voice. Ashton is really cute. All os our kids look so different. The fence looks really great. It makes your backyard look sharp.
Nice looking fence! If only there was a Burda board some where in the back, that would look awesome :) oh well. Good job on the piano Trevor and Kaylee. Awesome singing Nathan, and nice color choice Ashton.
Hey, the fence looks great! I really miss my piano, my kids were getting pretty good (although I wish I could have your teacher come and teach mine too!) Joseph likes to sing too- although he prefers "I am a Child of God" and his personal favorite- "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells" If it makes you feel better, I thought Matthew was bleeding the other day and it was really red food dye- the gel kind. I bet that was harder to clean up (and really looked like blood too, I was cleaning it off to put on a bandaide before I noticed it wasn't real)
Fence looks great and it looks tall enough to keep peepers out. The kids are good on the piano and I like Aston's singing along with Kaylee's playing. Nathan is so cute. Sorry it took so long to comment I am not home and that makes it harder.
Has Brenda fallen off the edge of the universe? Where has she gone? Maybe she moved to an Amish community that doesn't have electricity to power her blog.
Glad to hear you guys got the fence up, that neighbor of yours is just too weird. Your kids are too cute and talented.
Post a Comment