Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cucumber

Spring break is here for my kids and I decided that instead of just trying to endure it, that I would try to make it something fun. So on Sunday we sat down and made a schedule where the kids each picked out some fun things to do. They also go to plan the entire menu for the week. The first day I think was a success. We got to go to the library where the kids got to check out some books on their very own, brand new library cards. Trevor had even held some on the computer for himself. Then we did my weekly shopping, that's right with all 4 of them! It was not to bad. Then we went up to Bryan's work to pick him up. It is a 35 minute drive each way and Trevor read an entire Magic Tree House book (Haunted Castle on Hallows Eve) in the car. We spent an hour there, playing in the hot tub and watching movies. The kids love the clinic because they can play with all the exercise equipment and eat all the candy they want. We have also implemented a word of the day. Monday's word was cucumber and when ever anyone said it, everyone had to smile, no matter how upset they were. It worked pretty good, even Nathan said cucumber to people to make them smile. We are looking forward to the rest of the week together.

5 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait to hear what else you have planned for your week! Cucumber!

Charlotte said...

That is a great idea. Maybe I will do something fun for our spring break (we will be in NC, so it will take extra planning on my part!) Cucumber!

Alicia Leppert said...

Wow, look at you, fun mom. It's like night and day difference from our spring break. Your word of the day totally makes me think of Pee Wee's Playhouse when they would pick a word and whenever someone said it they all started yelling. Cucumber!

Boyer Family said...

I love the cucumber idea. Isn't it funny how simple things like that work. Have a fun week!

Tucker Mom said...

cucumber, cucumber, cucumber cucumber etc.