It is amazing how 2 years can change a person's life. A young boy goes on a mission for 2 years and comes back a man. Bryan and I tried for 2 years before we were able to start our wonderful family. We lived minutes from the Beautiful Florida east coast while Bryan went to graduate school for 2 years. All of these things felt forever long while we were going through them, but looking back they were just short glimpses of life that passed by much to quickly, but changed our lives forever.
I didn't realize how much the beach meant to me until I was back on one. I nearly cried as a walked outside and a rush of sensations hit me at once. I could smell the ocean in the air, I could hear the waves crashing on the beach, I could see the white crests of the waves, but best of all I could feel it. Something about the ocean calms me, helps me meditate. I was able to get up around 5:30 each morning and spend a while by myself out on the beach. After spending 3 years separated from that feeling, I think I will have to go back at least once a year.
Now don't get me wrong there are a lot of differences between the Florida coast and the Oregon coast. We didn't even get in our swimsuits for our beach excursions this time, but it was fun and we got to see lots of live creatures, from small fish, to washed up jelly fish, to rocks covered in live starfish. It was truly AMAZING!
Oh and here is the view from our hotel patio...man it doesn't get much better than that! They even had a lighted surf at night so we could sit on our patio after the kids went to bed and watch the tide come in (we didn't watch long...it was pretty cold at night)
Here was our first time to play on the beach and our first time to use our Mother's/Father's/Anniversary Gift (a new digital video camera!)
Here are a few more short videos of the kids playing on the beach (the quality is much better on the computer and TV, blogger must have cut the quality down to fit in on the blog...darn)
9 comments:
I miss the beach too, and I wasn't even there for 2 years.
Nice camera. We still don't have one. Hopefully this christmas santa will be really generous...
Hahaha I LOVED the videos! I also loved how it looked like Bryan was using a cane. :-)
Kaylee reminded me of my childhood home videos, my brothers were always jumping up trying to get on camera.
I'm officially convinced that I HAVE to go there!
That does sound like some great R & R. That is really nice to get up early and have some time to spend on your own. Don't you wish that would happen every day?!?
I thought I left a comment on your previous post the other day but it's not there, huh.
Looks like you guys had lots of fun on your vacation! The videos look great, even on blogger. How exciting to have a nice new video camera, especially for your trip!
Oh the ocean and the beach are just wonderful. What pretty pictures you took. My hubby has still never been to a beach. We seriously need to go sometime. Just reading your description made me want to go so bad. How fun!
I really need to go to the ocean. I live much closer then you, and I haven't gone yet. Soon!
Wow that looks SO nice. Congrats on getting up early. I understand how amazing it was that you did it! What is Bryan holding in the videos? Is that your dog?
Could of sworn I already commented. Anyway, you are supposed to say moving away from the beach is no big deal. I know what you mean. There is something about the sound and taste of the ocean that makes you fall in love with it. Glad you got to visit one again (although nothing compares to those FL beaches)
What a pretty beach!
Post a Comment