Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer.......Yeah Right!

I wish I could say that our summer evenings have been filled with leisurely strolls and laying about in the back yard but alas they have been go go go. The first two weeks have been crazy with cub scout day camp, father son camp, trips to the parks, pool, and movies, and girls camp. The kids did have a great year of school, the both loved their teachers and learned a ton. They are looking forward to next year.
I talked Bryan into getting the hammock for the back yard (and by "talked Bryan into getting" I mean I bought it when I was out with Andrea shopping for curtains) and have loved it. It is So nice to have place to sit and watch the kids play. I am looking forward to a little bit more relaxed pace to the summer (I am ignoring the fact that next week I am watching my friends kids one day, have a big Young Women's project to do, have card night at my house and am trying to plan some fun projects to do for the 4th of July and Bryan has Friday off so we have to do something then too!) Oh well, here's to wishing!

6 comments:

Shayla said...

Ooo...that hammock looks super comfy. I love how you "talked" Bryan into it. That happens at our house sometimes, too. :-) Here's to hoping life slows down a little bit for you.

GordonTucker said...

I'd love to have a summer off sometime. Only problem is I'd have no money for an entire summer.

The hammock looks fun. Nice and big.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I love the hammock. So nice. I'll have to "talk Ken into getting one" sometime. Ah, isn't it amazing how the days that should be the most relaxed end up being the most busy? Have fun anyway though.

Charlotte said...

I'm glad I talked you into talking Bryan into buying a hammock!

Our summer has been busy so far, too. Although mine seems not quite so stressful. May or may not be due to my backyard ;-)

Tucker Mom said...

I want a hammock. It looks like fun.

Boyer Family said...

That is a great pic! Good luck!