Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

My Superior "Mother" Skills

I just thought I would share the monumental accomplishment I achieved yesterday. My older two kids were at a friends house so I only had my youngest two. I was also watching my niece and nephew (ages 2 and 8 months), and my friends two youngest (ages 2 and 1). To most this by itself might seem an amazing feat, however, I have MORE to add. I know, brace yourself. I swept my kitchen floor. Amazing right? Both of the crawling babies were even in the kitchen when I did it. Now if that is not skill I don't know what is. I know this might sound like tooting my own horn, but you know someone has to toot it.

Unfortunately, when you are that good at something, there is normally something else that has to give. I am pretty sure the better I get at such amazing skills as sweeping, the sanity of my children seems to suffer. Now I understand that many of you are wondering how they manage to have any sanity in the first place, but I am pretty sure they did. Anyway, here is an example:

And in case that wasn't enough for you here is another one:

Oh and on a side note, when I went to spell check my post, there were NO misspelled words!! I even had some big ones in there. That ranks right up there with being able to sweep my floor with two babies and a bunch of toddlers!

13 comments:

andrea said...

Wow, that spoon does look delicious...

In case anyone doesn't believe Brenda that she not only managed to keep all those little kids alive (and live to tell the tale), I saw it with my very own eyes! And to top it off, her entire downstairs was entirely clean, kitchen and everything. Spotless.

Brenda, you are a super mom! I'm so glad my kids go there so often so they can see an example of a GOOD mom!

GordonTucker said...

I dont have any sweet skills. Like hacking skills, nunchuck skills, ninja skills, sweeping skills, spelling skills.
GOSH!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Wow. You and Charlotte both did housework posts...it must be in the air. I can't tell if he is happy or irritated. It seems it could go both ways.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Wow. You and Charlotte both did housework posts...it must be in the air. I can't tell if he is happy or irritated. It seems it could go both ways.

Shayla said...

You had me at watching four kids under the age of two, and that doesn't include your two youngest. Brenda, some of us have it and some of us just don't... You have it, I don't. You want to come over and give me lessons? Or you could just sweep my floor. :-)

Charlotte said...

Those are some serious skills. Toot Toot!

Aren't you glad you didn't have two sets of triplets? Then that would be your life all the time.

And those videos are HILarious

Beth said...

You're an awesome Mom (and aunt and friend) for taking care of all those little ones! You could definatly beat me in a spelling bee!

Anonymous said...

I really do get excited when I have no misspelled words. It doesn't happen often since the spellchecker is English, and I speak/write American. I wish I knew how to fix that.
After reading your and Charlotte's blogs, I feel a need to go clean my kitchen, but I won't.

Boyer Family said...

Wow that getting up at 6 is a real life changer! Not that you weren't great before that. If only I could get my bum out of bed.
That video was really cute!

Tucker Mom said...

Great skills there for Ashton. That was so funny it made me laugh. How much dancing did you do to sweep the floor with two crawlers?

Tucker Dad said...

OK, Brendi, you is bery taleented. I knowwss thhat. Butts the real talent seemed to me were Ashtons spun twicks. I has been pwacktising to sees ifin I coould singgs witch a spun in mys mouth lieks that. opreety darn cool.

Anonymous said...

I think your amazing! :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, Ashton's spoon skill is definitely a Davis skill he has inherited. We're known for our ability to talk and stick a spoon or foot in our mouths at the same time. Keep it up buddy, your making me proud!