I was tagged by my sister Charlotte with the following rules:
1. I shrink everything. It its sad but when I buy a new shirt I think to myself "I will NOT shrink this!" but then when laundry time comes I COMPLETELY forget and throw the dumb thing in the dryer! I have learned to buy things a little big so that when it shrinks it will fit just right.
2. When I was younger (like in my early twenties) I would rearrange my furniture about once a month. I was constantly changing things around. I don't do this any more, in fact most of my furniture is in the same place we put it the day we moved in. I think it is because now in order to give any particular room a "new" look, I just clean it.
3. I am terrible at standardized tests. I was pretty smart in high school, honor roll, AP classes stuff like that, but when it came time for a standardized test (SAT) I could not compete. I barely got a high enough score to even apply to BYU and Ricks (I did get accepted to both by the way...and I will not feel bad about bragging about it because I lost so many brain cells with all my pregnancies that I am way below average now) So I HATE the idea of the WASL and plan to do my part to veto it when I get a chance.
4. I hate my forehead...enough said.
5. I did not pluck my eyebrows until I was married for about 5 years. And BOY did I need to. When I was growing up I had NO idea that people really plucked eyebrows. No one ever said hey you should try this...no one that is until my little sister grew up and spilled the beans. I am a diligent plucker now (not as diligent as I should be, but I will never go back to my "bushy" days of the 90's) I thought about posting a picture from back in the day, but that was before digital pictures and it is just not worth the effort, you will have to come to my house to see it.
6. I love fried eggs with the whites all the way cooked but the yoke still runny, but for the life of my I can't cook them that way. I try, but always either break the yoke, or let it cook to long in the fear that the whites are not cooked through yet. My dad makes GREAT eggs and I look forward to his visits so that he can cook me a nice over-medium egg. (Bryan does pretty good to, he manages to cook it better than me most of the time.
7. I LOVE the spacing issues on blogger. I know most of you hate them, but I find it a fun challenge to figure out how my post is going to look when blogger changes it all when I hit the post button. Ok this is not true, I hate it like the rest of you, but I could not come up with any more facts about myself so I thought I would throw this in.
Um...as I went back to proof read my post I realized that I kind of only put down negative things about myself like: I shrink things, my house is a mess, I stink at tests, I hate my forehead, I have naturally awful eyebrows, I am a terrible cook, and I hate the spacing on blogger. I will have to try this tag again and only do nice things about myself ( I am a pretty good person after all...?)
11 comments:
That is so funny, you are right though it's kind of a downer! Let's hear about all the HAPPY things that make up Brenda!
I don't know how you can stand to eat runny yokes. I know a lot of people eat it that way, it just seems so disgusting to me! Good to know though, for your birthday I will make you a runny egg.
Oh wow, we must be sisters! I didn't know about plucking till about the same time as you.
I guess I got the standardized tests gene though, I always do better than my actualy knowledge. Peter is like you, though. And I have lost too many brain cells too. Now I can barely put a sentance together correctly.
I want to see you do it all over again- that would be fun!
I really have no idea what spacing issues you are talking about...
And you forgot to tag 7 people :)
I never realized you didn't pluck your eyebrows. If they are anything like mine you must have only had one eyebrow for a long time.
I still love re-arranging the furniture.
I like to hear random facts about people, even if they ARE negative. :-) I had the same eyebrow issues, I'm the opposite with furniture...any amount of change always takes me forEVER to get used to, I'm not too good at the standardized tests either, I'm a chronic "hang-dry-everything" freak, I think your forehead is just fine, and the fried eggs takes practice and lots of checking over and over again...but I still get them over-done sometimes. Oh, and the blogger spacing...more than likely if you're having problems with your spacing it's because you're writing your post in the section with the tab labeled "Edit HTML" rather than the one labeled "Compose". If you write your post in the compose box it should space where you put them, if not, than it's a problem with your style sheets and that's more than you wanted to know... The end. :-)
I enjoyed learning more about you.
They didn't all seem negative until you pointed it out at the end...anyway I have to tell you that when Ken looks at your wedding picture in the hall at mom and dad's house, he always comments on how you don't even look like the same person...thanks to the eyebrows.
I never have plucked my eye brows, that is why you never knew it was done. I know spend my time chasing dad so I can pluck his wild long eyebrows. He crys with pain for each one. There are only three that does this. Your house isn't messy, you are organized so you hate spacing issues, no one can cook eggs right, and those standard test are stupid.
Mom, you do know that your are saying know instead of now, right?
At least now I know I am not the only one who shrinks my new clothes.
Negative is funny-and we all know it! although I have to disagree with you on the hersheys syrup vs nestle quick. syrup is better, although quick may be slightly more nutruitous.
I am terrible at Standardized Tests too... And even though I've plucked my eyebrows since I was a teenager, I remember Kristen getting mad at me when she got home from her mission, cause I never told her that her eyebrows were bushy and that she needed to pluck them.
Post a Comment