Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle

We have been away in Seattle for the last few days with my parents, and my brothers and their families. Seattle is wildly expensive (parking was up to $25 per day!) so we wanted to limit our hotel stay to 2 nights, but we bought a city pass which gave us tickets to 5 attractions, so we were CONSTANTLY going. We got their Monday morning and went straight to Woodland Park Zoo. I thought it was a pretty good zoo. (we have SO many zoo pictures that we didn't take any at this zoo...that and we left the camera in the car)

The next day our first stop was the Seattle Aquarium. It was lots of fun. They had a glass tunnel that you walked through that was full of jelly fish, we also got to touch the starfish and see sea otters.

















Our next stop was the cruise, that's right we even fit in a cruise. It was an hour long harbour cruise that was quite informative about the history of the Puget Sound.
After that it was off to the Science Fiction Museum, and the Experience Music Project. In the music section, Barlow, Andrea, Gordon, Jessica, Bryan, Trevor and I all put on a real concert. We went into a small room that was set up like a stage and played real instruments that were set up to play La Bamba (you could buy the DVD of your performance for $20, but we passed......because it was to expensive, not because we looked like idiots) Our band name was Debit or Credit. We stooped on our way back to the cars to get a picture in front of the Space Needle
Then it was back to the hotel. After a long day of walking we decided to give our feet a nice soak in the jacuzzi tub. I know you are thinking....."wow they stayed at a nice hotel to have a jacuzzi tub in their room." Well not really, the hotel was OK, but my brothers room had dirty sheets and a toilet that didn't flush!! After some long talks with the manager my brother Barlow talked them into upgrading their room to the suite. It was pretty nice.
Our last day in Seattle was spent at the Pacific Science Center. I had a friend tell us to plan an entire day at the science center (thanks Sara!) She was so right. We got there as soon as it opened and stayed all day and still missed a bunch of stuff. We got to see a thrilling movie about beavers on an IMAX screen....OK it wasn't thrilling, but it was kind of cool. There was a human maze, a bike ride way up in the air and they had an AMAZING butterfly room, filled with butterflies that landed right on us!
Overall we didn't get much sleep, but we made a TON of memories. I am so glad we were able to make the trip safely and have so much family to share it with! Here are a few more pictures (in case this post has not taken long enough to read already

10 comments:

Boyer Family said...

Are you guys wearing jackets?!?! It looks like you had a lot of fun. Missed hearing from almost everyone in the family for a few days. Glad you're back.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Wow! What a great trip. I love aquariums. That high bike looked pretty scary, although I'm sure they had a lot of safetys. I'm glad Mom and Dad could visit and Gordon and Jess could join in. Looks like a lot of fun.

Charlotte said...

What a fun trip! Just one of those days would have completely worn me out!! Three would require a week of napping afterwards. How much longer do you get mom, dad, gordon and jessica?

Shayla said...

Looks like lots of fun...and only in Seattle would you need jackets in July! :-)

Tucker Mom said...

It really was a fun trip and we were wearing jackets because it was cold yes it was cold and wet in Seattle.

Alicia Leppert said...

We went to the zoo and aquarium two years ago. I laughed when I saw that first picture of Trevor peeking through the jelly fish because we have pictures just like that! We've never been to the science museum, it looks like a blast! Bill and I went on the Puget Sound cruise for one of our very first dates. I got so nauseous I slept through the whole thing. Great impression I made!

andrea said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! You guys are so lucky, I wish I could go to Seattle.

Um... act surprised when you see my post tomorrow, I'm mad you beat me! At least I will stoop to proof read mine.

Anonymous said...

looks like an awesome trip! what happens if you fall off the bike?

Tiffany said...

Wow, you guys did do a lot! I love Seattle. I'd definitely put it in as one of my top three favorite trips I've ever taken.

Mindi B said...

What a fun vacation!!