Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

There is Beauty All Around

When there's love at home......right? Well while I am waiting for my kids to stop fighting and for me to stop yelling at them I decided to take some steps to better beautify my home. I have been working in my kitchen again because this is where I spend a lot of my time. Here are some before and after shots of my recent "work" hope you like it.I have also tried my hand at gardening. I am not great, but we do have one flower that is SO pretty. We planted it last year but it only blooms for about a week and we were in Texas when it bloomed last year so this is the first time we have seen this flower. The flowers opened up one at a time and the kids loved checking every morning to see if a new one was open. We still have one more to open up, but I was worried the bottom ones would start to die before it opened, so I took the picture now.

12 comments:

Charlotte said...

Brenda, that looks fantastic! I need to come over and help me for a while. Good luck with the gardening, you couldn't be worse than I am (I can tell because you have a beautiful flower which is one more than I have ever cultivated!)

Boyer Family said...

Wow your kitchen looks great. I love the colors you put together, I stink at matching colors together. The flower is amazing!

andrea said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see all the fun stuff you do with your family room. We're going to have so much fun painting!

Tiffany said...

I love your house. It's adorable.

Tucker Mom said...

The kitchen looks great can't wait to see it in person. You really do nice work come to Texas we really could use a decorator. See ya soon.

Kevin and Eliza said...

Your Calla lily is beautiful! I only thought your room looks great. :)

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Way to go! It looks really nice. That is a good way to stay busy. the flower is really pretty too. We planted lilies last year and they died within two weeks and then this year they came back and they were so gorgeous!

Barlow said...

Looks great. It would look even better if it wasn't full of tainted victories ;)

Alicia Leppert said...

Wow, both are beautiful! You have great decorating skills, that room is gorgeous!

GordonTucker said...

i stink at design, but am not bad at gardening, so i guess were opposites

Charlotte said...

It has been over a week since I last heard from my lovely sister. I know you have company over, be sheesh, throw me a bone!!

Shayla said...

Love the decorating, Brenda. It looks so nice. Your paint color looks a lot like the one I chose in my kitchen, too. :-) That flower is beautiful, too.