Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Kid Updates

As many of you know, kids grow up WAY to fast!! I am amazed at how much my kids have changed when I take a minute to watch them. Most of my family lives pretty far away so I thought I would update you on what my kids are up to lately.

ASHTON:
Ashton changes the most. He is a crawling maniac and I have started to play games with him. You know games like "How fast can Mom sweep so that Ashton doesn't scatter the dirt pile" And "How many times can Ashton knock over the towel pile without getting in trouble" and "Guess who took the safety gate down." He is finally starting to eat. He has never like baby food to this day he will only eat the fruits that contain banana and NO veggies or meals. BUT..he loves real food! I have started to give him spaghetti, pancakes, cereal, rice and other odds and ends off our plates.

NATHAN:

Nathan has been quite funny. We borrowed my brother's Wii while he was on vacation. We had a lot of fun. Nathan like to have the Nintendo on, but did not like to play as much as he like to watch. He started playing Mario Kart on his own. He would get two of his matchbox cars out of his room, then choose his characters. One for him and one for me. He would start the race by saying "Mario time, or Peach time, or Yoshi time, depending on which characters we had chosen. Sometimes I would ask for a character like King Boo, or Bowser to which he responded "I have not unlocked those ones yet." Then he would race the cars around the room. They would fall of the edge, get mushrooms and throw shells at each other, then inevitably, he would always win. Usually he would finish bu telling me what he unlocked by winning. It was a lot of fun to watch him play.

KAYLEE:

Kaylee has become quite athletic lately. She was at a birthday party yesterday and won the balloon toss. She has also become a pro at the monkey bars. She cruised past Trevor in her abilities on them. First she could do them all, then she could skip a bar, then she could do them backwards. I have seen her do this a couple of times on the school playground, but Bryan had not seen it yet, so when we went to see the fireworks on the 4th of July and they had monkey bars, she got to show off her skills.

TREVOR:

Trevor has been filling his summer mostly by reading and writing stories. He quickly filled up his summer reading log for Barnes and Noble and picked out a free book called Frindle. We read Fablehaven together and the kids all really liked it. They can't wait to start on the second book. When Trevor gets together with his friend they work on their book called Unknown bugs. In this book they make up new bugs and give them names and draw pictures of them. Here is one of his stories.

FLOPSY:

Flopsy was a rabbit Like all other rabbits Flopsy loved running, carrots & her mom & dad & brothers & sisters she had a best friend named Yurtle. Yurtle was bunny.

They loved racing. Yurtle went to bunny school & Flopsy went rabbit school but their schools were so close together they shared playgrounds.

There schools names were Rabbit Hop & Bunny Fluff but one day they started to hate each other & that's the story of Flopsy.

9 comments:

Tucker Mom said...

Wow your kids have changed alot since the last time I saw them. Especially Aston. He was such a small baby and now he is a big toddler. Can't wait for our visit

Charlotte said...

Wow, Ashton sure has gotten big!! That was a great video. I have never seen any of my kids try the monkey bars backwards, we will have to give it a try. Love the mariocart story, the younger kids are so cute because they pick up on the what the older kids do (yes, I know that in this instance it wasn't the KIDS playing Mariocart). The story about Flopsy was great.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I can't believe that Ashton walks so well!! That is amazing! Abraham could eat him alive, but Ashton could probably run away before he got to him!!! Nice to hear an update on everyone.

andrea said...

I love how Ashton looks so pleased with himself. Can't wait until Jace can protect himself from Ashton crawling all over him! Kaylee is a maniac at those monkey bars, that is AWESOME!

Jessica Tucker said...

I love those videos of the kids :) its so cool to watch them grow up so fast!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Andrew and I really enjoyed watching Ashton walk. :)

Boyer Family said...

Wow your kids are getting big. Tell Kaylee it was totally pocket how she did the monkey bars. I love that Trevor is writing stories. Maybe he'll grow up to write my favorite book.

Tiffany said...

Hello cousin. Just wanted to say hello :)

Anonymous said...

Ashton sounds just like my liitle one, Benson. He hated baby food he loves real food.
I love Fabel Haven it is one of my favorite book series!