Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

You know your diet is out of control when.........

.......you consider yourself lucky that you get to lick the envelopes for your daughters birthday party invitations!


So sad but true, we were in a hurry to get Kaylee to school so I decided to help her lick the envelopes and my first thought was, "hey, that's pretty good." That's when I realized we would be having dessert after dinner. I went out to the garden and picked the ripe strawberries (we almost got the same amount as our 3rd crop again!) I cut them up and added some good old fashion SUGAR! The we ran to the store to get the shortcake and whipped cream. It was REALLY good, and well deserved.

5 comments:

andrea said...

CHEATER!!!! I am so disappointed in you.

jk, glad you got to reward yourself with a little treat becuase you have been doing so good! And there are much worse things you could have indulged yourself with, so good choice. Looks yummy!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I can't believe you have gotten so many strawberries! That looks delicious. And definately not a terrible cheat!

Jessica Tucker said...

That is a ton to strawberries! I didn't know that you had a garden!!!! what else do you have growing?

Charlotte said...

That is my favorite dessert in the summer time. Probably from growing up with Dad! If you grow it yourself, it isn't cheating on a diet. I just need to figure out how to grow cocoa plants.

Boyer Family said...

That looks so yummy! I am glad that you guys are getting a good crop of strawberries.
So if I go and hide a candy bar in the dirt and then dig it up the next day does that make it okay to cheat on my diet??
Just kidding I'm not on a diet (although I need to be) all I eat is candy anyway. When I pump milk it comes out like lard, yummy!