I know it is late in coming, but school is out! The kids are glad summer is here and so am I (the get a little bit restless right before school gets out making summer a relief!) Here are some of the things they each learned this year:
Trevor:

Trevor was a pro at first grade. His love for reading just skyrocketed. This year alone he read 1-37 of the Magic Tree House books, Most of the A-Z
mysteries, Some Box Car Children as well as some Choose Your Own Adventures. His teacher, Mrs Smith was perfect for him. She let him take 176 AR tests (Accelerated Reader) Which was enough to earn him a gift from the school of $10 to Barnes and Noble. He also accelerated in Math and Science. We are SO proud of him:
Kaylee:

Kaylee has grown in leaps and bounds this year. She has started to read and write. I loved reading her stories that she brought home. Most of them had to do with gardens and flowers. She was able to come out of her shell a little to. She made lots of friends and loved her teacher Miss Maxwell (who also taught Trevor in kindergarten and could not believe how different the two of them are). Kaylee is also doing wonderful pictures. She draws detailed pictures to go with each of her stories. We are also SUPER proud of Kaylee. (Kaylee's last day of school was a day before Trevor's and it was crazy hair/pajama day
in case you were wondering!)
7 comments:
I was wondering about the hair do! Glad they had a good year and hooray for summer!
Hooray for summer! Hooray for scrapbooking days!
I remember AR, I did tons of those. Good job trevor. I cant wait to see kaylees pictures
I thought those looked like pg's and that her hair looked a little different. Glad you cleared that up. Good job Trevor and Kaylee. You are growing up so very fast. Wish we could see you more often.
I am glad they had a good year and hope the best for next year. I was wondering about the hair, after you mentioned it, I noticed the jammies too.
I was also wondering about the hair do and clothes. Can't believe that you have kids in school. I am glad that they are growing and learning so quickly! Have a fun summer.
I loved the AR stuff in elementary school I didn't know that they still did that stuff. I wish that we lived closer. I hope you guys have a great summer
Post a Comment