Pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

Our Weekend

On Saturday we went to a company party for Bryan's work. It was pretty fun and there was TONS of good food. If you thought it was hard not to buy desserts and snacks to have at home, try having in FREE right in front of you. It was to much to handle and I had a lighthouse cookie (my all time favorite cookie) They had a large bounce house for the kids, and some hula dancers to entertain. After their performance the hula dancers taught any kids who wanted to how to hula. Kaylee was the first to volunteer.

After only a few minutes of instruction they were ready to show off their new found skills (it was REALLY windy, so sorry that the camera had a little trouble holding still and staying in focus) I also had to cut the dance a little short because the wind blows a large "obstruction" right in front of Kaylee.....you will see) Oh yeah, if you look closely Trevor and Nathan are at times in the background.

As the party ended there was SO much left over food that everyone went home with steaks, chicken breasts, fresh pineapple, chips, juices, and pies. With all this we decided to have Barlow and Andrea over for dinner on Sunday, however they had signed up to feed the missionaries, so we had them over as well (that is how much steak and chicken we brought home...crazy eh?) We also had a fabulous green salad courtesy of Andrea, and a fruit salad with the pineapple and the strawberries from our garden (if you haven't checked make sure to see the pictures of our strawberries on the sidebar. They are growing like crazy!!)

Sunday morning was nice. Trevor had asked if he could fast this week so he started his fast after breakfast and did a great job. Trevor and Kaylee also bore their testimonies in sacrament meeting for the first time. They were kind of nervous, but went up together and did a great job. We love watching them grow up and make such righteous choices!

After dinner on Sunday we watched old family videos. We have NEVER gotten our video's out before so it was tons of fun to see Trevor running around as a baby, then adding Kaylee and watching the two of them play together, then we add Nathan to the mix. (we only have digital video of Ashton so we didn't get to see his addition) The kids loved watching themselves open birthday presents again.

All in all it was a great fun family together weekend!

11 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I didn't see a video. Am I blind??? It looks like a lot of fun. I did notice your strawberries, that is so great! I'm feeding the missionaries tonight...I wish I had a lot of steak and chicken!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I didn't see a video. Am I blind??? It looks like a lot of fun. I did notice your strawberries, that is so great! I'm feeding the missionaries tonight...I wish I had a lot of steak and chicken!

Shayla said...

Wow, you could almost pretend you were in Hawaii from those pics. :-) Too bad, huh? You must have a TON of strawberry plants. We barely get any on our few little plants and they're always so tiny.

Brenda said...

I have been working on getting the video to load ALL day!! Check back soon.

Charlotte said...

The video is loaded now. Kaylee did fantastic! I wish I could have some strawberries. Also, you are stronger than I am, I can't even get the sweets out of the house! When I think strawberries, I think shortcake, too.

andrea said...

Wow, Kaylee is such a great dancer! I'm glad you guys had such a great weekend, especially becuase we were included! Trevor and Kaylee were so awesome bearing their testimonies, I can't believe the courage they have. And, I also can't wait to watch home videos as soon as they are old. I would love to see yours some time, since I never got to see the older kids as babies! Wait, is it weird to WANT to watch someone else's home videos?

Charlotte said...

I forgot to mention, that is almost the exact age Elise was when she decided she wanted to fast and both the oldest started bearing their testimonies. Similar parenting styles maybe?

GordonTucker said...

That looks like a lot of fun. The weather looks so much nicer up there. Its like 105 here all the time

Tucker Mom said...

That was some thing that blew infront of Kaylee. She was dancing great. Your Sunday sounded like so much fun. Still wish I could have been there too.

Jessica Tucker said...

Kaylee's dancing was so cute and she was really good too. It looked like it was really blowing out there. send some of that wind this way please ITS SO HOT IN EL PASO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boyer Family said...

That sounds like so much fun. Kaylee was so cute dancing.