So, my vacuum started to smell like it was burning and it lost suction. At first I just ignored it, hoping it would go away, but it got worse and worse. So I started asking around and searching the Internet. Everything said, oh you must have a broken or worn out belt. So, I took the cover off the vacuum and checked the belt. It looked just fine so I thought, oh great, I am going to have to get a new vacuum. I tried to just ignore the smell longer but it was unbearable, so I decided to buy a new belt and see if that helped. When I got home with the new belts, I took the old one off and compared it with the new one. My first thought was, Oh NO! I bought the wrong belt! Then it hit me......I bought the right belt. The old one was just REALLY stretched out!
I quickly installed the new belt and ran the vacuum. My vacuum is pretty cool because it
has a red light green light system. When the light turns red then it is picking up more than a normal amount of dirt, so you keep going over that spot until it turns green. Can I just say that it was red for a LONG time. I am so glad to have clean carpets again!
I know I have been on my own now for more than 10 years, but I really have NEVER changed a belt on a vacuum before. The worst part is that I think I have gotten rid of two vacuums in the past that I thought were broken , but they probably just needed new belts. You learn new things everyday! (some of us just learn very simple basic things, but hey it is learning none the less!)
8 comments:
So what you are saying is that we have wasted alot of money on a new vaccum every other year.
So next time you say you are tired of something and you want a new one I will have to remind you of this.
Just kidding
Good job sweetie
glad you have clean carpets for ashton to crawl around on!
I wouldnt even have thought to check for a fix. gj
maybe we should send you our vacuum it smells like burning bees (ask Gordon)
I hate that burning smell. I can't tell you how many times I have taken apart a vacuum to try to fix it. Sometimes it has worked, sometimes not. I have never replaced the belt, though. Good job!
I hope I will never have to take apart my vacuum, I do NOT want to see what is hiding in there. Way to go, I will start calling you Handy Brenda and call you for help with all my household repairs.
Charlotte gave us here "broken" vacuum. All it needed was a new belt and it works perfectly. I of course didn't change the belt, Jared did. I guess maybe I should try it on my own next time.
Tami, I hated that vacuum from the 1st time I used it. It is the vacuum that made me decide to stick with canisters.
Post a Comment