Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ten Years Down......Eternity to Go!

Well Bryan and I had our ten year anniversary on Thursday May 29th. Time has really gone by fast. For those that don't know...Bryan and I are really low maintenance type people. We counted our new play set and grill as our presents to each other and just planned a small date (dinner or something) It was a school night and Bryan usually does not get home from work until around 7:00, so we didn't plan much. However that afternoon he called to say that the afternoon at work had slowed down so much that he could come home, BUT they had carpooled so in order to come home, I would have to go pick him up. I had to think about it for about half a second and hopped in the car. Barlow and Andrea agreed to watch the kids a little earlier than they had planned and I went to get Bryan. Unfortunately when I got to the clinic I found him inside working on a patient on the floor of the clinics gym.? Come to find out she would have been his last patient and when she was doing her last exercise on the bike he was going to finish his paperwork so that he would be ready before I got there. BUT as she was getting on the bike, her foot didn't clear and she fell over. I guess she re-injured her almost healed leg, and hit her head, so Bryan was working on reducing the new swelling, then we had to wait for someone to pick her up because with her new injuries she could not drive. We ended up leaving there only a few minutes before the carpool would have left. Oh well.

We went out to eat and then went to see Prince Caspian (LOVED IT!) After the movie we stopped at Walmart to get the soundtrack to the movie (I love to listen to classical music in the house, I find it helps me relax). We also picked up the soundtrack to the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. (Unfortunately the kids like to listen to crazy loud chipmunks louder and more often than classical music......it is not as obnoxious as you would think)

Anyway, we had a great time and look forward to the next ten years (by then our kids will be getting ready to leave home! Wow!)

PS. I spent most of the day trying to get my scanner to work so that I could scan in some of my wedding pictures, but alas, I could not get it to work, so I will leave it up to your imaginations)

6 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Happy Anniversary. I'm glad you liked Prince Caspian, I'd heard negative reviews about it.

Boyer Family said...

Happy Anniversary. I would have called but figured you were busy. I am glad you liked the movie. Jared is really sad we haven't gone to see it yet. Do you realize I was only 12 when you got married. Crazy!

Charlotte said...

Happy Anniversary! We also loved Prince Caspian. Sorry the early date didn't workout the way it was supposed to, I guess that is just life. My kids enjoyed playing mariocart with your kids while they were at Uncle Barlow's house!

GordonTucker said...

I'm glad you liked Caspian. Jessica liked it more than me. We are only a month from our 1 year anniversary. 9 years ahead of us. (weird that we could be in your shoes in only 9 years)

GordonTucker said...

I loved Caspian it was a great movie. Congratulations on the ten years. You had a great family and a great marriage keep it up. Poor lady that really stinks about the injured leg.

Shayla said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! We just celebrated our 9th a few months ago. I'm all about the date out to eat as my only anniversary gift, a date away from the kids is no small thing. :-) I can't wait to see Prince Caspian, I haven't heard the greatest reviews either.