Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

I am so blessed to have such great Fathers around me. I was raised by a wonderful father. I have several fond memories of growing up with my Dad. Here are some of my favorites:

1) Once I was sick and had to lay on the couch. I remember Dad putting a cup of soda on the floor, then connecting several straws together to make one long straw that reached up to my mouth so that I would not have to sit up to drink.

2)"gotcha last" This has always been one of my favorite games. It is kind of like a two person tag game. We still play when we are together and always try to get the other person last as we are pulling away to go home! (I think I gotcha last Dad!)

3)Dad always had great ideas for road trips. He would strap a TV to the van seats and sometimes a VCR, or he would tell us GREAT stories. I also remember him teaching me how to sign the alphabet while driving!

Thanks Dad for all you have done for me!! I LOVE YOU!!!
I have also been blessed more recently with a wonderful Father in Law. I could not ask for a better one in fact. I have grown to love and respect Bryan's dad as well. Here are some fond memories of him:

1) Beating him at Rook (we don't win every time, but I will never forget fooling him into thinking I played my last trump color!)

2) BYU football games. I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to watching a BYU game with Mike. It is SO fun to watch him get down when the team is down and get excited when the team is doing well.

3) I will never forget Mike's Dad who called me every Mothers Day to tell me how much he appreciated me.
And Last but not least I am super blessed to have such a great husband who is a wonderful father to my kids. He gives all that he has for his family. He sacrifices his time and energy to provide for us. He even took me shopping last night and I got to pick out some new clothes when it should have been him picking out a fathers day present. Here are some of my favorite pictures of Bryan with the kids.

Bryan pulling Trevor on a body board in St Augustine, Florida

Bryan and Kaylee cleaning out pumpkins to carve on Halloween.

Bryan and Nathan after building a snowman (Because Nathan was born in Florida I think this was one of the first times he had seen snow!)

Bryan and Ashton (it is easy to see where Ashton get his good looks!)

8 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I really loved your post. I had to laugh about the straw story with Dad. It is so him, I could just picture it. Happy Father's Day. (I think I'm going to steal your idea about favorite memories of our fathers. Good one!)

andrea said...

Daaaaang, who is that stud on the beach? Those are great memories, thanks for sharing and reminding me to be grateful for the wonderful fathers in my life!

Jessica Tucker said...

Its really cool how much we remember when we get older like you straw story. It was such a small thing but it was done with love and thats why it matters so much.

Boyer Family said...

That was a really good idea to share what you remember about the Fathers in your life. Looking at the pictures of Bryan and your kids made me really miss living by you guys. Maybe someday.

GordonTucker said...

I remember those beach trips. Bryan was working like a horse at school, but still made time for them

Charlotte said...

I agree, you have been pretty blessed. I think I am pretty lucky, too. I am thankful for the priesthood that helps make the men in our life even better!

Tucker Mom said...

Thank you for the blog. I too have been blessed with great father memories not only of my father but of your dad.

Tucker Dad said...

Brenda,

Thanks for your kind words about me. I was having a difficult day and just about at my last straw, and your memories helped lift me spirits. thanks