Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Umbrellas & Dummies

Day two of spring break was (for me) even more fun than day one. I broke through the spousal opposition and painted my kitchen walls! I went with a fairly dark green. Unfortunately I only almost finished the first coat, so there will be no pictures until tomorrow. The kids had fun, I let them help a little bit, then later on Trevor wanted to help some more, so I told him that he had to get all the little kids to play upstairs, then he could help. He energetically offered to turn on a girl movie "Ariel" (which convinced Kaylee and Addisen and you guessed it...Nathan too) that going upstairs would be fun. Then told Kaylee he would probably be reading in his bed. He went to his room and made a dummy in his bed with pillows under the covers and a hat on the pillow. Then he propped up a book to make it look like he was reading in his bed and snuck downstairs. It worked pretty good, he did get to help for a while before the younger kids wandered downstairs. The word of the day was umbrella, but we were so busy and having so much fun that we didn't have to use it at all! Go figure, so we decided to use the word umbrella today as well. Trevor wrote a story yesterday about how much fun he was having on his spring break. It made all the work worthwhile.



Oh yeah!!! One more thing....Ashton rolled over!! He has been really close for over a week, but last night we put him in bed and then when we came in to check him he was sleeping soundly on his belly. Guess that means no more putting him on the couch, and I have to keep my floors clear of small objects (yeah right, like that is really going to happen!) Maybe we should just pray really hard that he does not choke on any small objects!

6 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I love the dummy in his bed! So creative, Trevor! Congratulations to Ashton too! Abe's rolled over a couple of times, but not for almost a month. Oh well...I'm not super anxious for mobility anyway! Can't wait to see the kitchen! Umbrella!!!

Trevox said...

HEY IM THE ONE WHO HAD to REBUILD THE DUMMIE.addie jumped on my bed just so you know.

Boyer Family said...

Good idea Trevor. You made it so real that I thought someone was in the bed until I took a closer look! Painting is so fun! I wish we could paint in our apartment.

Charlotte said...

I was promised pictures! You are brave to let the kids help- we have never let ours! Trevor is a clever boy. You are getting me excited for spring break, I have already started planning what we will do.

Tucker Mom said...

I want pictures. What do you have to do when you hear umbrella? Trevor is very clever it really looks like someone in the bed.

Kristi said...

What a fantastic, fun day! I think we'll try word of the day at our house, too! Trevor is phenomenal. I love that he helped get the kids occupied upstairs, and then cleverly created an alibi for himself so he could sneak downstairs and paint with you! HE ROCKS!!! That's awesome.