Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Posting about Posts

Ahhhh, I finally had a chance to do a little meditation today. You might ask yourself when would a busy mother of 4 have a chance to meditate and the answer would be while I vacuumed out my car. To some this might not be a good chance to find some inner peace, but my car REALLY needed vacuumed out so I had a LONG time to listen to the hum of my new vacuum. New vacuum you might ask, yes, new vacuum. My old vacuum that I learned and grew so much with finally bit the bullet so we bought a new bright green one. The suction was fabulous AND it came with an extra belt and filter, but I noticed when I turned it on that it didn't quite have the same umph as when it was brand new about 2 weeks ago. I knew it was not the belt so I thought hmmm....maybe it is the filter. I pulled out the filter and it was CAKED with dirt. It was a wonder any air got through there, so I pulled out the new filter put it in a vuala! Good as new (It made me wonder if maybe my old vacuum just needs a new filter.....it was over a year without cleaning or replacing it.....) Then I thought "Oh! I should blog about this" (I know...it is pretty sad when you blog so much about vacuums) I thought oh it could be a cute little update to the vacuum post.

As I thought this through I realized there were several blog posts that needed updating so here you go.

Remember how I told you I shrink all my shirts? Well I am proud to say that I hang dry ALL my shirts, however, this means that I have fewer shirts to wear everyday. How can this be?? Well you see, I hang my shirts up in the laundry room to dry, then I leave the laundry room and shut the door behind me (usually in an attempt to forget how much laundry I have) Then fold and put away the "dryer-dried" laundry. Then the next week (or so) when I do laundry again I see my now dry shirts hanging in the laundry room and think "Oh there you are!" Then I walk out and leave them there with the new wet shirts that need to dry thinking that I will just get them all at once. It didn't take long before nearly ALL my shirts were in the laundry room and none were in my closet. *sigh* I don't (yes spell check had to add the apostraphy to this word) think I will win this battle.

I used to post about my weight loss goals and progress, but as I sit here eating gum drops I dint (figured I would throw dint in, instead of don't this time) think I will update that one......However, once while we sat and had ice cream during the Biggest Loser show, we saw a commercial for a local biggest loser contest. The winner would get a 47" flat screen TV! Bryan decided to enter and has been doing GREAT. He now rides the bike not only during biggest loser, but every morning and nearly every night! He is down about 20 lbs and still going strong. I don't think he started out big enough to win the contest, but maybe!

And one more thing. For those that read my messy car post....Bryan wanted me to let you know that "his" car is spotless.....given that my name is on the deed just like his, the kids NEVER ride in his car and the only time it is driven is to work and back, I just wanted to say "good job honey....way to keep "your" car clean!

9 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I hope Bryan wins. That would be sweet. I never get all my laundry in the right place. We are constantly pulling clothes out of laundry baskets, the dryer, off the floor or bed where they reside, clean, because I didn't fold or put them away. I really hate laundry. Ken's car is always clean too.

Shayla said...

You're awesome Brenda, shrunk shirts and all. :-)

Alicia Leppert said...

That's so great about Bryan's weight loss! He and Bill are tied!
Thanks for all the updates. I was just laying in bed last night wondering whatever happened with your shirt shrinking. ;)

andrea said...

I really hope Bryan wins too, so you can finally have that huge plasma TV you've always dreamed of. Plus, when it is all over you guys will start having yummy treats in your house again.

Loved all the updates!

Tucker Mom said...

Great job Bryan. Great job Brenda for cleaning "your car". Now come down and clean both of our cars. The other day I was picking up some kids for seminary and when they opened the side door a can of soda had fallen and the immediatly started to get them all sticky. You would think I would clean after that but NOOOOOO.

Charlotte said...

I have done that with hanging laundry before (and by that I mean often). Peter's car is not spotless. Although in fairness, when he is working afternoon and evening shifts, I drive it around with the preschoolers. So it is not "kid free" but I do not account for all the mess.

Boyer Family said...

way to go Bryan! I used to hang dry all my shirt and jeans. Then I went to drying them on low heat. Now I don't care. Whatever gets it done faster. Maybe that is why non of my close fit. Or maybe it is that I still have a bunch of baby weight to lose.
I love the simple solutions to vaccum problem.

Mom at Our House said...

That would be awesome if Bryan wins. Good luck.
Todd and My cars are the same way. His is always spotless mine has a year supply of stale french fries (food storage)

Beth said...

Brenda-I love your vacuum stories! I recently won a battle with mine-it was clogged-gross! Brayn-awesome job with the working out, I think you should get a big tv even if you don't win!