Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Ashton.....A Little Late

So, you know that week of hibernation where I sewed like a mad woman to finish those amazing costumes? Well during that week, on October 29th to be exact Ashton decided to turn one. I managed to pull myself away long enough to make a cake and buy some presents and even have some family and friends over for cake and ice cream.
Some fun facts about Ashton's first year of life:

*He has NEVER been a good eater
*He started out life a couple of ounces heavier than Trevor, but has since become my most petite baby. He usually weighs in at less that 50%
*He was an early crawler and walker taking his first steps around 9 months and walking all the time by 11 months.
*After learning how to walk he quickly learned how to get up AND down the steps and will now throw his toys down the steps, crawl down and get them, crawl back up the steps and do it all over again.
*There was no fooling him at Trick or Treating time. If people skipped his basket he screamed at them...I kid you not!
*He is a PRO at losing pacifiers....and finding them: One night Bryan and I had searched the house top to bottom, even checking under beds and couches and carseats for a single pacifier. When we finally gave up and figured we would just let him wear himself out and crash without one he came walking in the room sucking on one. We have NO idea where he found it. (I think he has a hidden stash)
*He could not be more loved by his brothers and sister, mother and father.More pictures of the fun day

Ashton ate his cake until there were no crumbs large enough to pick up. He even tried eating his plate. The next morning I found him standing at the garbage can fishing out the cake plates from the party to finish them off as well!

10 comments:

andrea said...

Happy Birthday Ashton (again)!

Watching him eat his plate was the funniest! I can't wait to tease him about it when he is older. Maybe when he brings around a cute date. :-)

Bryan Davis said...

what a cute kid!! man he must have some good looking parents

Charlotte said...

He probably doesn't eat a lot because you don't offer enough paper products in his diet.

Happy Birthday Ashton!!

Charlotte said...

He probably doesn't eat a lot because you don't offer enough paper products in his diet.

Happy Birthday Ashton!!

Tucker Mom said...

He looks like he is very happy with that cake :)
Happy b-day Ashton!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I guess you atleast found to things he will eat sugar and paper. Happy Birthday buddy!

Unknown said...

Brenda - he is so cute! It goes by so fast.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Happy Birthday Ashton. I wish we could have had a joint party! Abe could teach him to eat and he could teach Abe to walk and go down stairs.

Tucker Mom said...

Happy Birthday Aston this time from the real me. The last one must of been from Jessica. Wow where did the year go? He is so very cute. Love the red hair.

Tucker Dad said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! Just wait a few years and you can eat your cake like aunt Tami!