Bryan was able to get last Friday off work, so last minute we decided to take the kids out of school and head to Portland, OR to go to the Oregon Zoo. Portland is about a 3 1/2 hour drive so we decided to get a hotel for Thursday and Friday nights. On our way there we noticed some signs showing a scenic route that passed by several waterfalls. Because we got a late start Thursday night we decided to wait and see them on our way home. When we got to the hotel the kids were so excited that it had a pool, so we had to check it out, even though it was 9:30. Luckily the pool was open until 11:00. We had a nice relaxing morning and headed to the Zoo. Trevor's favorite animal was the sea lions, Kaylee's was the "ringtails", Nathan's was the tiger (which is odd because the tiger was asleep and we could not really see him) Anyway, right after we stopped for lunch I realized how quite and peaceful it was at the zoo. The animals were mostly asleep, but even if they were awake, they just sat there or sometimes walked around. I have heard the expression before "wow, it is like a zoo in here" And have always considered my house to qualify for that expression, however it hit me when we were at the zoo, that my house is nothing like a zoo. I need a new word to describe it because the zoo was way to calm to be compared to my house.
Our hotel was only 2 miles from the Portland OR Temple so we made sure to drive past and show the kids. It is a really pretty temple.
Anyway, we had tons of fun at the zoo and went swimming again that night, and again the next morning before we left. The drive home took a little longer because we stopped to see all the waterfalls. At one of the falls there was a film crew there making a major movie. When we asked what it was, they told us it was called The Road. For more info on the movie click here. We thought that was pretty cool. We are so glad to be home though, trips are nice, but home is better!
8 comments:
Ok, you've officially convinced me to go to Portland sometime. Looks fun! And that's cool you got to see that movie being filmed, there are some pretty big names in it! Glad you guys had a good time (even if we weren't invited).
Love the pictures. Zoos are one of the best places to take kids (from 1 to 35). Glad you had so much fun. Sometimes taking the scenic route is totally worth it!
Those pictures are beautiful! I am excited to take Madison back to the Zoo. I'm happy to see pictures of all your family together (you never have ones of you and Bryan up). I'm glad you had fun and I'm sorry I didn't call.
When you told me you went to the zoo, I didn't realize it was such a fun little road trip. That is nice you could have such a good time. The pictures are all beautiful. Cool about the movie too, you should have asked if they needed any extras.
Man I wanna go to the zoo! I haven't been to the zoo since I was 16. Maybe Gordon and I should go.
Jessica- Our zoo pass that we bought is good for the Hoogle Zoo in Salt Lake so next time we are in town we will let you know!
I haven't been to the zoo since elementary (or maybe middle school I cant remember), but its been a long time. You should come down for sure! We could always use the settlers compition
How fun, road trips are definetly a must sometimes! But.. you are little stinkers... we live 10 min from the temple, you should have stopped by... or called or something, you better next time! Such cute pictures, can't believe how big the kids are getting!!
Post a Comment