Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Stimulating the Economy

We have been thinking about getting a playground set for the back yard for a while now, but when we got an unexpected check from the government we decided to throw caution to the wind. We looked around but of course found our best deal at Costco. We called up a friend with a truck and brought home six large boxes full of wood. Everything we read online said that these kind of playgrounds took a few days to build. We started that night and two weeks later we have a completed playground. It comes with the works, rope ladder, rock wall, slide, enclosed fort, tick tack tow game, steering wheel, telescope, picnic table, and a place for 3 swings (or two swings and a trapeze bar) The kids have had tons of fun and hopefully it will help out this summer.

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

I am jealous! I bet your kids are outside all the time now! Looks awsome!!

Tucker Mom said...

Looks like a very fun playground. The kids should love being outside in the fenced yard play for hours. It all looks great. Thank you government.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That is so cool. We have long looked at that play yard at Costco...wishing and hoping. I wonder what you neighbor thinks...be careful he doesn't come over in the middle of the night and sabatoge!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That is so cool. We have long looked at that play yard at Costco...wishing and hoping. I wonder what you neighbor thinks...be careful he doesn't come over in the middle of the night and sabatoge!

Shayla said...

Wow, I bet your kids are in heaven. Playground heaven. :-) Every year my kids want to go down that aisle at Costco and stare longingly...I think even if we had the money Nate would boycott getting something like this just because it would be such a pain to build. I'm impressed you got Bryan to relent. :-)

Boyer Family said...

That is really nice! I bet your kids spend a lot of time in the house part. I know I would like a secert hide out.

Bryan Davis said...

This is from my blackberry