Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Success!!

Well today was my weigh in day and I am happy to report that the voting was mostly incorrect. I was able to lose 4.6 pounds this week!! I was so thrilled. It was really hard and I was sore for the first 5 days, but I am not sore any more and it is getting easier to resist the fatty foods. The things that have saved me were: Splenda (like sugar free Italian sodas with no cream), Yogart and Fruit smoothies, and turkey sausage. These things calmed my cravings a bit. I found it really helpful just leave the house because I am to darn cheap to buy something while I am out. I also tried to follow the same rules that applied to my kids, like when I would say no no only one candy after lunch. Normally, I would give them one, then after they left the room I would have a few more. I dont know why we have such a double standard, but no more. Probably the biggest thing for me was to just stop eating when I was full. I know that sounds like a ...duh...statement, but I really like food, so if there was a dish that I really liked I would be tempted to have seconds, even if I was full, so I simply didn't do that this week. Thanks for your support it made all the difference in the world to know that after a week I had to let everyone know how I did! I will let you know next week how it goes also.

10 comments:

Bryan Davis said...

Awesome job!! just think how well you could do with spousal support.

hahahahaha

Any way I am proud of how hard you worked this week.

andrea said...

Wow, GREAT job! I mean, it's nothing like Roger's 16 last night, but it's still pretty good. If you keep that up you will meet your goal just in time for bikini season!

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my goodness!! That is amazing!! I am so proud of you! And I totally voted for four pounds, and I almost voted for five. See, I had faith in you. You rock. Can't wait to see how next week goes. (Don't be disappointed if it's less. The first week is always more.)

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That rocks!!! And I like the I'm too Sexy song....it fits right in!! Now I'm even more motivated to do better! And it was Roger and Jay who both got 16!!

Tucker Mom said...

Who is Roger and Jay? I bet Brenda because I gained 7 pounds in just three days. Bummer huh? Go figure. I only cheated once. I will have to work harder this week to keep up with Brenda. Good job Brenda keep it up. I will wait to see the bikini.

Boyer Family said...

Congrats! I knew you could do it. I knew I was only helping you get over the temptations when I told you about the little debbie cakes, right? I love the song, it fits perfect! Keep it up. Do we get to vote again for next week? It made me excited about your weight loss.

Charlotte said...

Congrats! It takes real will power to not sneak more candy when the kids aren't looking. It is the exercising that I am really impressed about. And I figure the other guys watching are biggest losers? Never got into the show but did watch it the other day when they were all weighing in.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Roger and Jay are from the Biggest Loser, one of the most awesome shows ever! You almost have to do sit ups or something while you are watching it!

Brenda said...

I actually did my "last chance workout" while watching the show on Tuesday night. I find it really motivating, I should join their quest for one million pounds.

Alicia Leppert said...

I didn't hear the music, I usually have my volume turned all the way down but I am laughing. That is hilarious that you put that song with this post!