Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Whole Heap'n of Stuff

So I know I fell of the blogging planet a while back and accidentally missed a bunch of birthdays and holidays. So I thought I would play a little catch up....

WAIT!!

Don't skip this post just because I am including Thanksgiving through New Years!

I know you are thinking what I would be thinking...TONS of pictures, but really there are not that many. You see, I didn't take many pictures 1st because I suck at taking a lot of great pictures at these things because I am too busy worrying about other little non important things like baking, wrapping, and handling my kids. And 2nd because I thought my camera was broken. I put in 3 sets of "new" batteries and my camera would still not turn on. It was then that I realized that my kids were putting old used batteries back into the battery bucket. So YEA! my camera is not broken, and AH DARN! I didn't get many pictures of the holidays.

We start with Thanksgiving, which was also Trevor's birthday.
When asked what kind of cake Trevor wanted for his birthday, he said he wanted a "Math" cake (what can I say, the kid takes after his nerdy mother) so we made cupcakes that could be arranged into math problems where the answers were always 9.....clever...I know.....like I said he takes after me.
Because it was a holiday also, we let him open a present every few hours instead of all at once. I only got my camera out for the first one, which was a pogo stick.
Did I mention we were at my parents house for Thanksgiving? We were. Here is the one picture I took. (you might notice the absence of my pregnant "little" belly in all these pictures, just know that was completely on purpose)
Now on to Christmas, for which my parents came to my house. Here we are at our Christmas Eve dinner, which was FANTASTIC and will be a tradition now for sure.

After dinner we had a talent show, here is a little peak at the fun we had.
OK that wasn't part of the talent show, that was just a bonus performance. Here is the real thing:
Christmas PJ's (the first year I did not make them, and probably the last, I kind of missed it)


About to break down the paper wall with their cousins and grandparents. (this is where the pictures stop on Christmas Day......I am always way to excited to watch the kids open their presents that I don't take any pictures. Oh well.)


And last but not least.....Nathan's birthday.


Nathan did not want a math cake, but his cake fits his personality just as well with a Yoshi cake (he wanted Bowser, but I said NO)
And that about does it. I didn't take any pictures of New Years at my Brothers house, so you get off free with that one. Now I am caught up and can move forward. Hope everyone had a great holiday season!

10 comments:

Charlotte said...

Those math cupcakes are AWESOME!! Love the yoshi, too.

Wild thing, that talent show was great. I think we may need to incorporate that into our family traditions. The Christmas Eve dinner was supposed to be not worth it so I don't have to think about adding that in.

Bryan and Barlow should get their own show in Vegas. I'm sure it would be an undulating hit.

Tucker Mom said...

What great memories I have of those trips. We just had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanks again.

Shayla said...

Loved that talent show! How fun. We do that when we all get together with Nate's family, I missed it this year. Your cupcakes and Yoshi cake are awesome, you are becoming a professional. ;) Gotta love the catch-up blogs...do you think people would read mine when it's like three months overdue?! Sigh.

Barlow said...

That video was awesome! It was almost better than being there for the real thing. But since you accidentally left out your song I guess I'll just have to post it ;-)

Barlow said...

Dang it. And this is not Barlow. Why was he using my computer?!

Charlotte said...

You mean there IS music video of Brenda. You're holding out on us sister.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I'm so glad you caught up. I was also really glad to see the video of the talent show. That was awesome. So was Nathan's cake and Trevor's cupcakes. You guys are Mom and Dad hogs. Also, I like the picture where nathan has his hand down his pants. That made me chuckle.

Unknown said...

I loved all the pictures! I like recaps like that too - it sounds like you have had an eventful year. Hope you are all doing great!

andrea said...

HAHAHAHA! I forgot about the picture of Nathan's hand in his pants. Classic. Now I can have the comments emailed!

Boyer Family said...

I can't get the videos to work ;(