Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Vacuum Woes

My kids love to look back at past blog posts and remember the good old days. They especially like to see posts where they are mentioned or shown in pictures. I would venture to guess that if I didn't post about them for a while, they would be come sad and depressed. Maybe they would hide in their rooms and refuse to eat. But would they stop working all together? I don't have the answers to these intriguing questions because I am a good mother who blogs about each of her kids.......

HOWEVER

I have not blogged about my vacuum in some time now, and alas.....it has become quite depressed and decided that dirt is not worth sucking up any more. So I decided that maybe a good blog post about a great vacuum would do the trick. (when your desperate, your desperate, what can I say) Here it is. I would like to call it......

If You Give a Brenda a Vacuum

If you give a Brenda a vacuum, she will be super happy and vacuum her whole house.

If she vacuums her whole house and realizes that she got an entire canister full of dirt in one day she will realize that she should be vacuuming more often.

If she realizes that she should be vacuuming more often, she probably will (yes I would, stop thinking such negative things)

If she starts to vacuum more often she will start having to replace filters and belts more.

If she starts having to change filters and belts more, she will get lazy and try to make them last as long as possible before changing them.

If she starts waiting as long as she can before changing them, the vacuum will start to clog more often.

If the vacuum starts to clog more often she will get frustrated and try to convince her husband to buy her a new vacuum.

If she tries to convince her husband to buy a new vacuum, he will try to do a lot of research online and find the best vacuum for the best price, so she will probably just skip asking him and buy one the next time she is at the store.

If she buys one the next time she is at the store (hopefully today!) She will get really excited and vacuum her whole house.

AND.....

If she vacuums her whole house......

She will realize that she got an entire canister of dirt in one day and realize that she needs to start vacuuming more often.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh....LOVE IT!

i love fresh vacuum marks on my carpet, especially when i am NOT the one doing the vacuuming. roll-on-down any ol' time your carpets get tired of being vacummed, yet your desire to vacuum is still burning...i'm just sayin'!

Cheryl said...

Too many if you give a pig a Pancake or Give a mouse a cookie books for you! Maybe if you give Brenda a Dyson Vacuum you might not burn out so quick? I hear they are heaven, maybe someday i'll find out. But for now I'm with you in the same boat!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

In the words of Napoleon Dynamite, "jealous!". I pray for my vacuum to break down so I can justify a new one!

Tucker Mom said...

I thought you had a great vacuum. What happened to it? I guess Andrea will love it if you got a new one then she can have the old good one that you have now. Maybe not.

Mom at Our House said...

LOL that was clever

Charlotte said...

I hope you get a new vacuum and that you aren't too grossed out by the resulting dirt sucked up!

Natasha said...

did you buy yourself a "gift"?

Vanessa said...

I love this post! I finally went out and just bought a vacuum without doing any research and I am happy with the result. I sucked up a whole canister of dirt the first day. Good Luck to you!

andrea said...

I am so excited to try out the "old" one and see what kind of disgustingness it sucks up!

Boyer Family said...

Charlotte gave us her vacuum that didn't work very well and we've been using it for over year.

Alicia Leppert said...

My vacuum was a hand-me-down from my mom and I love it. It's gotta be at least ten years old.

I'm so excited for you that you got a new one! I can only imagine the dirt you are sucking up now. Oh, the sad, sad things that give us housewives pleasure.