Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Two, going on Eight

Happy Birthday Ashton!!
I can't believe my baby is already 2 years old. In some ways he still feels like a baby (we really have to shake the habit of calling him baby before the new baby comes) and in other ways he acts like he is eight and on the same level as my older kids.

We had a hard time deciding what to do on his cake. His birthday is so close to Halloween that I thought we might do a spider cake because here is one of his favorite songs: (we tried several takes to get him to sing Itsy-Bitsy Spider, but this was the best we could do)
But in the end we went with "Chonk-Chonk" otherwise known as Chain-Chomp from the Mario Wii games. Most 2 year olds won't know who Mario is let alone Chain-Chomp, but like I said, Ashton is kind of 2 going on 8.
He enjoyed most all of his presents (once his siblings let him see them),
but his favorite has been the basketball hoop. Anything will work for a game of hoops.
Ashton has opened a whole new world of 2 year old for us, he is the first of our kids to not only color on walls, but couches, tables, chairs, floors, books and anything else that is in front of him when a crayon is in his hands, but he also enjoys playing with our i-pod touch. (we have to watch him close though because if it runs out of battery while he is playing then he hides the dumb thing anywhere from under couch cushions, to behind bedroom doors....mine is currently missing and there is a reward for anyone who finds it)

Crazy as he is we love him tons and can't wait to see what the next year brings.


9 comments:

Shayla said...

That's what I do with my iPod touch when it runs out of battery-life, put it under the couch cushions! Didn't you know that helps restore the fun to it? Oh wait, I don't HAVE an iPod touch! Well, I would do that if I had one. :-)

andrea said...

"Stop it, guys!" HAHAHAHAHA That video made me laugh so hard. And you should have added that he enjoyed his presents after his cousins let him too- Jace is definitely hogging the Melmo in that picture!
Ashton sure is a silly kid. Glad we got to be there for the big party.

Mom at Our House said...

Happy Birthday Ashton

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Oh man. That looks like so much fun. Abe would have loved to have been there with Jace & Ashton playing basketball! I'm glad he had a great birthday. I loved watching all the videos!
(oh and only 2 candles?? really, blowing out candles is the best part, you have to have at least 8!)

Kristi said...

Don't worry, as soon as you bring home your newborn, you'll look at Ashton and think "I called you BABY???" because he'll suddenly seem so big to you. It's crazy how it works out like that, but it does. He's a cutie!

Tucker Mom said...

I also like the stop it guys. I watched it over and over and just laughed. He is so cute. Wish I could have come to his party. Glad I had the wisdom to get him his favorite present. HaHa

Charlotte said...

I loved those videos, but they almost made me cry, I wanted to be there. Glad he had fun. Loved the cake. Loved the Itsy Bitsy Spider full of giggles.

Grandma Davis said...

Ashton is so cute, especially in the blowing out the candles video. We love you all and miss you very much, so it is fun to see the pictures and stories on your blog.

Boyer Family said...

My kids have watched these videos so many times. Dallin always laughs along with your kids during Ashton singing and Maddie sings along to the Happy Birthday song.

I hope I get me meet him soon!