Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Overnight Cucumbers

So...we are home again. *what* *gasp* *gone*??? Yes we made a last minute decision to spend the week in Utah so we packed up and left. (I know you were all worried about where we were at) It was a fabulous trip and I will post more about it later, but when we got back we were delighted to find some orange tomatoes (SO close to being red...come on little tomatoes...you can do it!), some large cauliflower (but not large enough), and onions poking up from the ground (I think they are done growing, but they are not very big) . But none of them were ready to harvest. But don't feel to bad for me, I did get some cucumbers that were more than ready to harvest, and one green pepper.
I swear I checked them before we left and saw NO sign of growing cucumbers, but I must have missed them. I am thrilled to try them out for dinner tonight!

9 comments:

Charlotte said...

Peter and the kids like their cucumbers soaked in vinegar. Looks like a great harvest so far!

Alicia Leppert said...

That's so exciting! I really need to plant a garden, you are inspiring me. Glad you made it back from your trip. Now I have proof that you are back so you have to email me back now.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Those really are some amazingly huge cucumbers. That is really awesome.

GordonTucker said...

Jessica likes her cucumbers sliced and fried.

I prefer mine singing 'We are the pirates who don't do anything!'

Mom at Our House said...

Mmmm fresh veggies, delicious!

Boyer Family said...

I'm so jealous! All I got this year from my planting is one yellow pepper. Mmmm those cucumbers look good!

Unknown said...

Thats so great! I just planted and two days later - frost. So I'm not sure how my plants are going to fair. Its great to see yours are doing well.

Tucker Mom said...

You will have to learn to make pickles. Those would be movie theater sized ones. Way to go.

Grandpa Davis said...

See what happens when you come visit the Davis'?