Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

We have been planning for a while to get our Strawberry garden weeded, but as luck would have it every time Bryan had some time off it would rain...all...day...long.  (NO I can NOT weed the garden without Bryan....there are big hairy spiders out there!!  Who would protect me?) This last Saturday started looking like no exception.  I would have shrugged it off and gone shopping, but we were stuck in the house with sick kids (I am still stuck in the house with sick kids by the way)  So what were we to do?  I tried to start a scrapbook page, but didn't feel much like it.  I played some Guitar Hero, but I can only do so much jammin before my fingers cramp up.  I was about to give up on the day when Bryan said "lets go weed the garden rain or shine"  So we did, and low and behold the rain stopped.  We enjoyed a few hours of garden weeding (ok, maybe we stopped weeding it mid summer last year so it was a jungle) then we mowed and trimmed the lawn and cleaned off the patio.  As we were finishing up the rain started again.  I sat for a while on the porch watching the rain and pondering how good life is.  (I actually like the rain)  Here is a before and after shot of our newly re-found garden.
You can tell I took the before picture a couple of weeks before the after picture (amazing what a little rain will do!) And no I did not plant any new plants...those were all under there!

10 comments:

Tucker Mom said...

Look really good. Hope you get alot of strawberries out of that patch. It is always nice to get done. Good Job.

Kevin and Eliza said...

It looks great! I'm sorry your kids are sick. Mine have been too. No fun.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I remember the pictures of your strawberry harvest from last year! I hope that you have as much luck this year. We can't grow fruit/vegetables ... we have too many animals in our yard. It is too bad. My iris' and lilies are doing great though!

Anonymous said...

does this mean you will be delivering some homemade strawberry jam to some of your friendly neightbors? just thought i'd ask!

Alicia Leppert said...

It looks so good! (But I hate this rain, too. I want my beautiful spring sunshine!)

Unknown said...

That looks amazing! I'm so jealous Brenda. We still have snow up here, but we started our little garden in the house. The kids were too excited. It looks amazing though!

andrea said...

Those pictures are amazing, even better than seeing it in real life! Although I must admit that you stole my before-and-after garden photos idea. :-(

Can't wait to steal some starts!

Charlotte said...

Good for you. I was wondering how the grass greened up so quickly (until I saw your explanation!) That looks great. i need to get some gardening in. Maybe in our next house.

Boyer Family said...

I totally thought you changes the pic on your computer. That is awesome it greened up so fast! I dread doing our garden because spider's infest our back deck.

Kristi said...

Your garden looks great! How nice to find your plants growing strong under all those weeds.