Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Snippits of our Life

Life has been pretty good lately.  Not a lot of big things happening, but enough small stuff to keep us sufficiently busy.  We have been enjoying the beautiful weather and reading a lot of books.  I thought I would just update a little on what each of my kids have been up to:

Trevor:

Trevor has been busy so far this spring running 5K races (just over 3 miles).  He did his first race last spring and got a time of 45  min.  The first one he did this spring (2 weeks ago) we told him that if he got under 35 minutes that we would pay off his library fines.   Sure enough he finished in 34:20!  We were so proud of him.  Then this last weekend he pushed even more and got an impressive time of 30:28 seconds!  Bryan says that before long it wont be Trevor trying to keep up with Bryan, but Bryan will have to push to keep up with Trevor!  Here is a short video of some of Trevor's other skills.
Kaylee: 

Kaylee is turning into a young girl.  She is more aware of how her hair is done and what she is wearing.  When we go on walks I am grateful that Kaylee is still willing to walk by me and hold my hand.  I can't say how glad I am to have another girl in the house with me.  Sometimes Kaylee and I just watch the boys, look at each other, and sigh.  Kaylee ran in a one mile race and came in the top ten or so with a time of around 10 minutes.  I think soon I will have to start running in the 5K races with her (although I am sure she could already out run me!)  Here is a video of Kaylee doing some of her new tricks.  She practices them all the time.

Nathan:

Nathan cracks me up all the time.  He is a joy to be around.  Nathan also ran in the one mile race and pushed really hard.  He finished with a time of 17 minutes.  One of his newest talents is to sing along with the radio.  Some of his favorite songs are the High School Musical soundtracks, Bleeding Love and Hot & Cold.  Here is a video of him singing along to a Wii game that shows you dance moves to do while you sing.  (Ashton is singing into the mic too, but unfortunately I cut off the video right as he got up and started to sing...sorry)
And last but not least.....
Ashton:

Ashton has kept me busy.  I am not sure if he is cutting teeth, or just entering a really bad phase, but he wants held a lot and is throwing lots of fits when he doesn't get what he wants.  That being said it is an absolute joy to have him around.  He has started talking all the time and can repeat most of what we say.  We started to include him in our family prayer rotations and he says Amen to all the prayers (normally around half way through the prayer though)  He has also started to Whistle which is what is in this video.

9 comments:

Tucker Mom said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are great videos. I loved watching them over and over. You finally got Ashton whistling. He does so good and it so cute when he puckers up. Love videos it is like I ma there watching them.

andrea said...

Ok, NOW I can believe you that Ashton can whistle! Kaylee's headstands are really improving too! Cute kids, I'm so glad I get to be there to see all this great stuff!

Jessica Tucker said...

Wow Ashton can whistle?! thats so cool! Nathan is so cute in that video. Its fun to watch Trevor play with his younger siblings and make them all laugh. Kaylee does really good headstands! I loved watching these videos

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Abe ran his first 5K on Saturday with Ken (in the stroller of course). I walked, but did buck up and run the last 1/2 a mile so I came in strong! I loved all the videos and watching Trevor really cracked me up. Abe would love to play with his cousins again sometime.

Mom at Our House said...

What great videos. I think it is so awesome that you guys all run. What a perfect family activity!

Boyer Family said...

Those videos are so cute! Yes it is me. I'm back in the game! I LOVED the video of Nathan singing. How cute! I can't believe you have all these runners. How fun. Your kids are getting so big. I miss you guys and miss watchig your kids grow up!

Charlotte said...

Good job with those videos. They captured the kids well. I loved watcing Trevor fall to the swings entertaining his siblings. That was an awesome whistle. Kaylee has some sweet moves. And Nathan is adorable. I wish he and Joseph could play.

Kevin and Eliza said...

I'm impressed with all the running going on in your house. I'm not much of even a jogger. Thanks for letting me come and watch the movie with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hey Trevor needs to come get Ryan to run with him! Thats awesome!