Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

We hope everyone had a great Easter. We had a lot of fun. We colored some fantastic eggs:

They all turned out unique and beautiful. I am not sure what it is about dying eggs that I like, but it is one of my favorite activities. You would think that with a limited number of colors that all the eggs would turn out very similar, but they each turn out different.However, here is proof that Bryan and I have been dying eggs together for to long:On Sunday morning the kids woke up to find their Easter baskets had been hidden, and they actually didn't throw a fit when we told them they had to wait until after Church to find them. When we got home from Church the kids could hardly wait to change their clothes and get to searching for the baskets (thus we have no pictures of us in our fancy new Easter clothes....oh well) Then we ate some of our colored eggs (it was fast Sunday for us so we had to wait!)This is one of our favorite games too. We choose our "strongest" eggs and challenge someone else to see whose egg will crack first. We usually try to forty the ends of the egg with extra dye and crayon coloring, But you never know which egg will be champion.
Ashton much preferred the plastic candy filled eggs to the real ones. We pretty much let him have whatever he wanted yesterday (which is something I am already regretting today with a 1 1/2 year old coming off an all day sugar rush!)

9 comments:

andrea said...

cute pictures of Ashton!
Love those eggs, the question is who did theirs first? The one who first wrote that the other person is hot is the one who is truly in love. And truly a dork.

Mom at Our House said...

What a fun Easter. I love the idea of "egg fighting".

Tucker Mom said...

Wow does Ashton have a look of his own. You can see Tucker and Davis in him all at once. I missed not dying eggs. I love hard boiled eggs and we didn't even have one.

Charlotte said...

Love the eggs. My kids went crazy this year and took 2 1/2 hours to dye 6 eggs. BTW, who made which egg for you and Bryan. I bet you made the 'Mom is cute' one and he made the 'Bryan is hot' one! (J/K)

GordonTucker said...

Egg wars were the BEST!

Shayla said...

You guys are so good to make the kids wait until after church to find their hidden baskets! Man, I didn't even think of that! Ashton looks so sweet in that picture. Poor guy sure didn't like nursery on Sunday. He did get a little nap on Sis. Swanberg's shoulder for awhile, though. :-)

Grandma Davis said...

That looks so fun. We almost didn't do eggs this year. We only did a few and tried "painting" them with a dye mixture and cotton swabs. It was fun but really different especially with only Sarah and Mike and me. Too quiet. We needed an egg war!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

We almost dyed eggs just so we could have egg wars. Unfortunately Ken and I both hate eggs, so we didn't. Next year we'll have to for Abe's sake. Looks like a really fun Easter celebration.

Tiffany said...

Sounds like you had a fun Easter. I managed to color an egg or two, but don't think I would have the stamina for that many eggs!