My kids love to help out in the kitchen. Trevor more than the rest though. Lately he has been coming up with his own recipe creations. I thought I would share a few of them with you. When he makes these up he writes them on a 3X5 card to put in the recipe box.


#1
Healthy Fruit Smoothie
1 Cup of apple slices
2 Cup of strawberries
1/2 Cup orange slices
Stir up and your ready!
#2
Orange Party Cake!
Start oven at 250
1 cup flour
1 orange cake mix
2/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoon oil
2/4 red, blue, and yellow food coloring
5 eggs, beaten
Pour into angel food cake pan, or cake pan(optional) put in oven 7-10 minutes
#3
Fruit Pizza
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups flour
1/2 cup baking powder
3 cup strawberry
1/4 teaspoon salt
pour in mixer, take out dough, roll on counter/table, put in oven. Cook 1-10 minutes, put apple slices on and eat (healthy)
And last but not least #4
Green Soup
1/2 cup broccoli
2/4 teaspoon oil
1 cup peas
Pour into pot on stove, cook 10-20 minutes at high. Then add 3 cup water. cook 1-5 minutes on stove at 5 or the dot next to the five that way or that way (meaning the dot on either side of the five, which is medium heat on our stove)
I LOVE those recipes. He was so clever. You can tell that they are a little off (maybe you can't tell.....) But you can also tell that he pays attention to the recipes when he is helping me. Stuff like turning down the heat, or that some items are marked (optional). Now cake pans are not normally optional, but still. Or the fact that he knows he needs to specify that the eggs need to be beaten. We have not tried any of these yet but he wants to. I explained that we could try them, but we might need to tweak them a little.
The other thing Trevor does is make us breakfast in the morning. Usually he makes Waffles, but the other day he was begging to make doughnuts, so I helped him out and they made some delicious doughnuts for breakfast.
9 comments:
That is really cute and clever. Very fun things to save. By the way, did you finish your hotdog after squeezing out all the orange juice?
What funny and cute recipes! I love on the "Orange Party Cake" the measurement of 2/4 cup sugar!
Congrats on the new washer and dryer! You'll have to blog about their awesomeness! I can see it now, a whole basket of dirty clothes, and then 36 minutes later all neatly folded!
Those doughnut pans look cool, do they work good? His recipes look very clever. You have a new washer and dryer? I'm jealous. I could just go with a laundry room INside the house, though. :-)
It really cool that he is making his own recipes maybe he will be a cook one day
Yeah finally I have a grandchild that cooks like his grandma. Way to go Trevor. Those donuts looks good though. Nice to have extra cooks in the house.
yummy, i haven't had donuts in forever. They still remind me of that guy who always brought over donuts on sunday.
I was dating that guy, Gordon. He was a little strange.
Anyway, I loved the recipes. He and Elise could open their own shop.
You have a new W/D? I need to answer my phone more often.
I can't wait to make some green soup! Mmmmm Your kids are so fun. How soon can you train a kid to make waffles. Maddie likes to pour her own cereal when I'm not looking, but it isn't too successful.
How fun. Looks like you will maybe have a chef in the family. Cute pictures!
Post a Comment