Well with all this beautiful sunshine we have spent every day in the great outdoors, absorbing all the sunshine and just relaxing.......
Ok, Ok, I have just had one of those crazy weeks where I swear I have been SUPER busy, but looking back on the week I have not gotten much done (that happens more often than I care to admit) I spent all day last Saturday painting Kaylee's bedroom, then took a break on Sunday and spent all day Monday (no school for MLK Day) painting Trevor's room. You might think I am CRAZY for doing the painting while all my kids were home, but my oldest are getting old enough that they were able to watch over the youngest while my SIL Andrea and I locked ourselves in a paint fume filled room and went to town. I LOVE the way their rooms turned out and I am excited to do Nathan and Ashton's room (I ran out of home improvement budget for the month, so I have to wait to do their rooms til next month)
All day Tuesday was spent still in Trevor and Kaylee's room putting beds, dressers, desks and a limited number of toys (hence the reason I did it while they were at school) back in their rooms. They were quite excited to see the results and have kept their rooms really clean all week (Kaylee even makes her bed every day before she comes downstairs for breakfast!) Needless to say the rest of my house suffered because of the 3 straight days in two rooms and it was getting hard to walk around. I tried to straighten it up, but had other important obligations (aka card night) to attend to, so when Bryan came home from work I said "good luck!" and walked (or ran) out the door. I came home having my fill of "girl talk", expecting to plan to clean all day Wednesday, when to my utter amazement.....my house was CLEAN!! Bryan had recorded our favorite show (Biggest Loser of course) and convinced the kids to clean the house!!! What a WONDERFUL surprise!Wednesday, I lost my itouch, now when I say "I" lost my itouch what I really mean is someone (Trevor) set it down where Ashton or Nathan could reach it and that is the last anyone saw it :( We looked and looked all day Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday when.....IT WAS FOUND!!! Hooray!
Saturday night we had a little "chat" with a member of the bishopric and found that I was being released as the primary chorister and being called as the second counselor in the Young Womens program (I am pretty sure the primary is not currently on speaking terms with the bishopric over this position change ;) and I am SUPER sad to leave primary, I really LOVED my calling there more than I have any other calling I have had, but I feel good about Young Womens and know it will be a good experience.
After our "chat" Bryan and I went on a double date with Barlow and Andrea (for the first time since they moved here!...I guess for the first time ever) We had one Young Woman and a 10 year old girl come over to babysit both ours and Barlow's kids. We went out to dinner and then PARTIED all night long, Ok, we went out to dinner, then went to Target, then to Winco, then rented the movie Ghost Town (we watched it filtered and it was really funny, but unfiltered it has strong language so be warned)
Wow, that does seem like a lot when I write it all down! Maybe I should take next week off to recover!
19 comments:
Those walls look awesome!! You did great. I am glad you finally found the itouch. I bet it was Elise's inspiration (when she found her nano after 3 months) that put you over the top. Where did you find it?
Good luck with Young Womens. I would tell you how much I dread ever getting called into it, but that would be asking for trouble.
Great job on the paint! I especially like kaylee's room! Bryan, you definatly deserve a reward for all that cleaning! By the way, your new blog design looks great!
Charlotte.....there is a new poll questions on the sidebar about where my itouch was found.
The rooms really look great. I am really glad that you finally found your itouch. Hope next week can be as busy as this one was.
Brenda,
I believe you've found the trick! Whenever you want your kids to clean up their rooms or make their beds, all you have to do is just repaint the rooms!
DAD
I know where your iPod Touch (AKA iTouch I guess) was!!! (anyone want a clue?)
The rooms do look great! You know what when we get a house (some time in the year 2064) and paint it (year 2072), you will have to come help us out too.
Did you put up wainscoting on Kaylee's wall, or is that just the paint? Anyway, they look fantastic. Wish you were here to help me with the new "big boy" room we're doing for Abe. I can't believe you went on a double date! Tami is usually our babysitter, so I've never even thought of doing that. Sounds fun. and...oh winco....how I miss thee...
Oh, and I've spent years in the YW and LOVED every second of it. You'll do a good job, talk to Tami she's in there now too! I think I would not want to be primary chorister!
The paint jobs look great. Will you come do my house? I think you are both very hard workers.
I think that the paint jobs look great. Will you come do my house? That anonymous above was me hitting the wrong button. Love to all.
How exciting! The YW is a lot of fun and you get the chance to leave your kids with your husband once a week! Charlotte don't say it! I told Jared how afraid of that calling I was and 2 weeks later they called me into the YW.
The rooms look great! I really love how you did the paint. You are so creative!
Wow, how in the world did you lose one of these?
Wow Brenda, the rooms are amazing! I am too scared to paint. I grew up in a home with white walls, our home right now has... white walls. We just don't have the supplies and I wouldn't even know where to begin, so I am just amazed at how well you and Andrea did! I am looking forward to seeing what you do for the other boys' rooms! Congrats on the Young Women's calling. Does that mean you're over the Beehives?
Brenda, the bedrooms look awesome! I can't believe how brave you are to attempt that with kids at home. Seriously, can you come make my kids be as good as your kids? Or maybe you could just come paint my house for me? Or re-paint it, cause it sure doesn't look that good! I'm so excited for you to be in YW. I second what Charlotte said...I won't even say how much that calling frightens me. It gets less so the farther I get away from the teenage years and the more I forget how awful it really was. :-) You will be great at it. I'm sure the Primary is freaking out without you, though. I wonder who will take over? I hope this doesn't mean you'll become too busy to do card night with us! OH, and so jealous you got to go on a double date...how fun would that be?! :-)
The rooms do look great. You and Andrea did a good job and man those are some crisp lines. Thanks again Andrea and Barlow for your help, well mostly Andrea, but Barlow for hanging out me me and the kids.
by the way with the Itouch we looked and looked everywhere, we were starting to think maybe it got flushed or something like that. now that we found it Brenda put an alarm on it to go off every morning so if we lose it again we can try to find it when the alarm goes off.
Wow. I am so impressed at how awesome your paint jobs are, and that you put the rooms all back together, and that you did it all in one weekend! That is insane! I never do that. Of course, I'm always working on my own. I'm glad Andrea could help you. You are quite a woman!
Okay, seriously, you have to come paint my rooms next. All of them.
And all I have to say is if I get released and put in as chorister YOU and I will not be on speaking terms.
the rooms turned out so cute!
Post a Comment