Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Denial

While I was on my way to pick up my kids from school today, I was pondering on what a beautiful spring type day it was . It wasn't until I was pulling out of my subdivision that I first started noticing the travesty. Someone had decided to play a wide scale prank! They had scattered white powder all over a field running down the side of our subdivision. "That's terrible!" I thought as I wondered who would spend their time ruining someones field. As I continued to drive, I soon realized that this abominable crime was more widespread than I originally thought. All the yards on the way to the school had also been sprinkled with this strange white powder. "Wow! I thought, "I sure hope this is just a simple joke and not something dangerous!" Normally on nice days like today I let my kids slowly get in the car as they say goodbye to their friends, but today, just to be on the safe side I told my kids, "HURRY up and get in the car and shut the door!" As I drove home I was happy to enter my home, safe from crazy "white powdered" grounds. I hope by tomorrow whomever played this joke has undone it and we can return to our regularly scheduled spring type days!

8 comments:

Tucker Mom said...

Real spring days in January are found in El Paso. Snow? what is snow? Just a strange while powder all over the place. Boy I bet the nice spring day required a coat, hat and gloves.

Charlotte said...

I am going to try to live in your denial world. Except I have more than I nice dusting. Maybe I will just start calling white green and then I can live with beautiful green grass- that can give you frost bite.

andrea said...

SPRIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!??!?!?!

Kristi said...

I know, seriously! I don't mind driving to the snow, as long as I can drive home to nice springy weather! Good old El Paso. I miss it! It's a great place to live, next to here!

Boyer Family said...

and I thought I missed the snow until I had to spend 2 weeks of vacation with it, now I don't care to see it again. Good ol' NC.
I love the new header!

Alicia Leppert said...

Sorry, I was bored, and I had all this food storage flour that was getting really old...

Brenda said...

Alicia- Thanks for the explanation, all those crazies who thought I was talking about snow....the nerve of some people!

Mom at Our House said...

Wow, seems like you have a bunch of crack heads for neighbors. Sucks to be you!