He was born in Florida, and became so used to the sun, that he has NEVER in his life had a sunburn. His skin is just as pale as the rest of ours, but he does not burn.
He HATES sprinklers. You would think that with his first year of life being spent at swimming pools and the beach 3 or more times a week he would LOVE the water but no. He could actually swim when he was 18 months old. He would go between Bryan and I, but now he will not get off the steps of a swimming pool, and HATES getting wet by sprinklers.
He is AMAZING on the computer and other electronic devices. At the age of 2 he could not only navigate simple websites like PBS for hours without help, but he could also pull down the past URLs and find different websites to visit, not just random ones, but he would say, I want Nickjr.com and he would pull down the options and pick Nickjr!
He is a medicine junkie. Once he drank an ENTIRE bottle of children's Tylenol. I called my doctor who said I had to take him to the ER. I did, where they asked his weight, called poison control, told me he would be fine, then charged me over $300. ERGH! So the next time when he drank an entire bottle of ibuprofen, I saved myself the $300 and called poison control myself and had them tell me he would be fine. (I swear I keep my medicine out of reach, he is just VERY smart and can open child proof lids!)
He is SUPER observant. Nathan will not only notice when I buy a new shirt, shoes etc, but will comment on how nice it looks on me when I wear it. He will also notice if I change my make up and ask if it is Sunday. Not only that!...but he notices when other people like his Aunt Andrea has on new clothes too. When we go shopping together Nathan will tell me "Oh MOM!! You HAVE to buy that shirt it looks SO good on you!"
This is a video of his favorite present, no joke. He actually did not get any toys for his birthday, (other than webkinz) He really does not play much with toys, I spent a long time walking around Toys R Us and found NOTHING that I thought he would like, so he got other things, like Cars sheets, a singing Mario toothbrush and his own toothpaste and of course a Wii game.
I LOVE my Nathan and could not imagine life with out his funny comments and his sweet smiles..HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
9 comments:
I have the same New Years goal. And my baby is 2. Let me know when I can help watch your kids!
I am not kidding, the blog comment for my friend's blog was pulled up when I made that comment. I will not tell you my pathetic new years resolution that matched hers because it is pathetic!
But as far as Nathan goes:
Happy Birthday!! His favorite present protects his adorable smile.
Too bad he and Joseph don't live close, they would make quite the pair!
happy b=day Nathan! You should be me his webkinz user so we can be kinz friends
My favorite is Trevor and the bunny ears. That is hilarious. It looks like you guys had a great birthday celebration. I can't wait to hear the name of his new Wii game, although Super Mario *%$#@* is hard to beat!
There is just something about Nathan that makes me smile when I see him. I don't know if it's his naps during primary or the funny stuff he says that you put on your blog, but he just cracks me up. My favorite will always be: "What's a matter mom, don't you like cereal?" When asked what his favorite color was.
Happy Birthday Nathan!
Wish we could have been there. Happy Birthday Nathan.
Man Charlotte after I read the first comment I had to go back and read Brenda's post again. Then I read your second comment. I am glad Nathan had such a good Birthday. He is so cute. What nerdy brothers I have.
I loved the cake. You are so talented.
By the way will you send me the jammie picture?
Post a Comment