(in case your wondering...yes it is spelled Davis' not Davis's or Davises, it is also easy to just say the Davis family, which is what I do most often)
I had a WONDERFUL Christmas. I think it was possibly the most stressful Christmas season for me, but turned out to be a wonderful Christmas day. Bryan worked a lot but was able to get Christmas day and the day after Christmas off. I think it was one of the first times that we just stayed home and didn't do anything. It was peaceful and fun. I usually take some pictures, but was not feeling it so we didn't end up with much, but here is what we have:
On Christmas Eve everyone opens one gift (PJ's of course) The kids finally caught on this year and knew what it was before they opened it (it is about time, we have been doing this for 10 years now) Here is how they turned out:

On Christmas morning the kids woke us up around 6:45 (not to bad, although it is getting earlier every year) They get to break through a paper wall that blocks off the room with the presents (a Davis family tradition that my kids LOVE)

At the last minute we decided to go ahead and wake up Ashton so that he could join in the present opening....he was not to happy about it:

This is the only picture I took during the present opening....at least it was a cute one right?

Here are a few of the themed presents that we got. They got matching pillow animals, hand made from Grandma and Grandpa Tucker:

And Matching aprons, hand made from Charlotte and Peter Later. (and yes, that is my awesome vacuum in the back, I figured it was in the blog enough to be in one of our family photos right?)

Here is a little video of the breaking through of the wall. When Bryan was growing up they used newspaper for the wall. We don't get the paper though and have a large roll of butcher paper so that is what we use. It works ok.
Hope you all had a GREAT Christmas and have a very happy new year!
13 comments:
I'm glad the aprons turned out! I guess I should have made one for the vacuum, too. I love the wall tradition. Nathan is a smart boy to let the big kids do all the work. And I always forget Christmas day photos. That is part of the tradition (mostly due to a severe lack of sleep the night before!)
Wow, Trevor really attacked that thing, didn't he?? And I absolutely love him in that apron picture. Priceless. In a few years you can show that to potential girlfriends, just in case they don't already know what a big dork he is.
Cute pj's and aprons. That is a cool tradition to break through a wall of paper. I have never heard of that before. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas.
Breaking through the paper is such a cute idea. I haven't heard of that before.
I love Ashton's I just woke up now let me go back to bed look. To cute!
Ashton's sleepy sad face broke my heart!
The breaking through the paper idea is genius! This would be the answer to my problem that I have every Christmas! I am so going to have to do this.
Glad a great Christmas was had by all at the Daviseses.
So when you spell it Davis', do you SAY it like Davises or just Davis without the "es" sound at the end? Cause that's just weird. :-) I love the paper idea, too. We had troubles this year keeping the kiddos from seeing things before they were supposed to. At our house, we've always used a baby gate in the hallway, but we were at the grandparents this year. Love the jammies. I so fell through on sewing mine this year. I was at Walmart buying their last pairs of jammies at closing time on Christmas Eve. Oh well, it was a nice idea to try to sew them myself, right? :-)
Wow, all the cool people got aprons this year! It looks like a great day, ours was really nice and relaxing too. Glad you had a good time.
Jessica and I had decided to adopt your tradition. It looks like so much fun.
Ashton looks so cute in his apron! Your vacuum looks left out in the back there with no apron though...
You guys really know how to take things to the next level with your costumes, pjs, and aprons! Wow. Cute pictures.
I always agonize over whether to write Davis' or Davises. I tend to write "the Davis' house" and "the Davises came over" (not that I'm always writing about you, these are just examples, don't worry). I just looked up the grammar rules in a style guide (not that anyone cares but me), and found this little summary:
Mr and Mrs Jones = The Joneses
The house of Mr Jones = Mr Jones’(s) house
The house of Mr and Mrs Jones = The Joneses’ house
‘Keeping up’ with the practices or possessions of Mr and Mrs Jones = Keeping up with the Joneses
So now I know that I should write "the Davises' house." I did not know that before I started writing this comment! I'm such a nerd. Oh, I got this info from http://bja.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/90/5/708.
I really loved the matching pillows. They really took a long time. Looks like a great Christmas. We also had a great time and Charlottes.
Great to see you making such good memories. We use butcher paper for the wall now also (less tape needed) We asked Sarah if she was too old for the paper wall this year: definitly not! I hope the magic feeling of Christmas never ends.
Love that paper idea. Perfect solution to keep peekers out. Fun traditions your family have.
Post a Comment