Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

8 Things Tag

So there are a few things I dont understand about this tag, such as, why do you have to post the rules? And why are there only 6 questions instead of 8, wouldn't it make more sense to have 8? Anyway, here goes:


8 Favorite Shows:

1. Biggest Loser (the ONLY show that we work our schedules around)
2. The Office (although we sometimes have to turn it off mid episode)
3. Numbers (I guess the math nerd inside me lives on)
4. The Amazing Race (which they moved to Sundays so I haven't seen the last 2 seasons)
5. Eli Stone (I hear this one might get the ax though)
6. Ellen (I actually NEVER watch this show because I NEVER watch TV in the middle of the day, but the few times I have seen it, it was pretty funny)
7. PBS specials (we dont have cable or I am sure I would be a discovery channel junkie, so PBS specials will have to do for now)
8. The Bachelor (NOT!! We were watching Sleepless in Seattle which was on TV and near the end they played a long sneak peak at the new season of the Bachelor, who happened to be a single dad...just like in Sleepless in Seattle! We were appalled when we realized that the only reason the movie was on was to pimp the new bachelor. That show really makes me ill.)


8 Things I did yesterday:

1. Made German pancakes for breakfast for the entire family (for those of you who know me well know that this is a MAJOR accomplishment, not the cooking part, although that is pretty major too, but the getting up before Bryan leaves and making breakfast part)
2. Cleaned my ENTIRE house AND my Van (that being said, and realizing that it took the whole day the rest of this list will be quite boring)
3. Got Dressed (no comment)
4. Got my kids dressed
5. Downloaded some podcasts (I have not had an ipod for very long but I am hooked on podcasts, they are GREAT!)
6. Made dinner AND did the dishes afterwards (isn't January great, I get so much more done in this month with all my new goals than any other month of the year)
7. Had FHE (it was fun, Trevor gave the lesson out of the new nursery manual which is SO worth getting to have in the home, he didn't need any help at all it was great)
8. Put my kids to bed on time so that I could go to bed on time so that I could get up again in the morning and make breakfast for the whole family, but ended up staying up late to watch True Beauty which was REALLY lame, therefore I slept in this morning and everyone, except Bryan, had oatmeal (grits for Ashton) for breakfast before running out the door)


8 Things I look forward to:

1. Bryan's days off
2. The rest of my family moving here (or at least their visits)
3. Bryan's days off
4. Painting my house
5. Bryan's days off
6. Speaking in Church....Just kidding
7. Did I mention Bryan's days off?
8. Family Road Trips


8 Favorite Restaurants (this one will be REALLY hard because we dont go out often and these are NOT in any order)

1. Sizzler (we dont have one here)
2. Golden Corral (we dont have one here)
3. Olive Garden (only for the lunch special)
4. Most any Chinese place (we dont have much here to choose from)
5. Applebees (I can use my Discover card cash back here)
6. IHOP (kids eat free after 4)
7. (now we are pushing it....) Mexican places (so long as they have fresh made tortilla chips and salsa it will do)
8. Um......would at a friends house count??


8 Things on my wish list

1. A Grand Piano (with a grand piano room in my house to put it in, otherwise a nice electric keyboard that is weighted like a piano would do)
2. A new minivan with the fold down seats
3. A self cleaning garage (and car, and house, and kids for that matter)
4. An enclosed porch with a hot tub (and a nice enough body to go get in it!)
5. A personal interior decorator who supplies all the need decor items
6. A new computer that will record TV for me
7. A personal jet that runs on water
8. A bag of caramel chocolates (or any chocolate for that matter)

8 People I Tag
1. Um...
2. Um...
3. Um...
4. Um...
5. Um...
6. Um...
7. Um...
8. Um... (guess I am not good at tagging, plus everyone one I know has pretty much done this already)

So there you go 6 questions with 8 answers each. Have a GREAT day!

6 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

I am a nerd, because I would love to have a stow n go mini van, but since I have only 2 kids it doesn't really make sense. They are just cool.

Ben and Alissa said...

Hey it's Alissa. I've been reading your blog for a couple months now and I've decided to start commenting on people's blogs that I read.

I liked your post! And I like both the quotes on your sidebar from 1/12, too funny! Oh and I really liked your post from a while ago about about your messy van, it made me laugh!

andrea said...

Man, you are boring. All you ever do it clean and hang out with Bryan. I mean, wait around to hang out with Bryan. What about all the fun we used to have? Remember scrapbooking? Yeah, I don't either.

Beth said...

I LOVE podcasts I have been hooked for a long time-I hardly ever listen to music on my ipod anymore.
I can't belive there wasn't even one mention of your vacuum in this post!

Charlotte said...

I would have split up all the cleaning to sound cooler. Getting dressed is always an accomplishment.

When you said you made breakfast the other day, I had no idea you meant German pancakes!! When I said I was trying to do that too, I meant make sure they had a bowl of oatmeal or cereal in their gullet before walking out the door.

Bryan could always quit his job and make every day a day off. It could be an adventure- living under a bridge and eating out of garbage cans.

Tucker Mom said...

Did you really clean your house and van before you got dressed? Hope your jammies are better than mine are. My house could really use a good cleaning.