Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Baby gets Baptized

Wow, my first child has reached the age of accountability, and chose to be baptised. We are SO proud of him. He has become a very responsible child that I can count on to help me out when I need him and lead his brothers and sister in good righteous ways. I am very happy that he has chosen to enter the waters of baptism and become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
We chose to do the baptism in Utah so that all of Trevor's grandparents could attend. He has several family members come including his Great-Grandma and Grandpa Bodily, Uncle Barlow and Aunt Andrea and their family, Uncle Bill, Aunt Bethany and her family, Uncle Danny, Aunt Sarah and of course his Mom and Dad and siblings.
The baptism went great....all three times. That's right, the first time the wording was a little off, but because Bryan and both witnesses had only done baptisms in Spanish and apparently the word for "by" and "of" is the same in Spanish, no one caught the mistake until Bryan and Trevor had gotten out of the font to change. So back they came and tried it again. This time it seem ok, but once again, when they were changing, the witnesses decided to have them try one more time (as they were changing Trevor tried to tell Bryan that he had read it wrong....guess he was right) So back they came, into a half drained font and did the baptism one more time. This time Bryan read the words slowly and deliberately and got it right.
Congratulations Trevor....We LOVE you!

8 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

Glad it went so well...all three times. Hey, Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend we had, so many wonderful memories. It was really neat to have all the Davis kids together again. We are so proud of Trevor too. I miss all of you so much. Happy Birthday Brenda!

andrea said...

I'm so glad we got to be there, it was a great experience for Addie, seeing her first baptism. Especially the baptism of someone she admires so much!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

AWWWW! He looks so good and so big and grown up. Congratulations Trevor. We wish we could be there to give you a big hug! Way to go.
Oh and Bryan is looking good..he must be a big loser (hehe)

Charlotte said...

I love that he has a story to tell. "I was baptised three times." Wish I could have been there, congrats Trevor, on getting so big!!

Mom at Our House said...

So excitting for him. I bet he will remember it forever.

Boyer Family said...

Congrats Trevor. We are so proud of you! Wow Bryan looks like his Dad in that picture!

Tucker Mom said...

So glad that you did it is Utah. We were so happy to be able to come. We too are very proud of Trevor and the choices that he is making. Love ya Trevor.