Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tidbits Durring Breakfast

Well...I AM HOME!!

We pulled in last night around 9:30. We had a great trip and everything (including Trevor's Baptism) went great and I will post more about all that later. For now I am eating breakfast then starting on the job of cleaning out the car, doing all the laundry, cleaning the house....hopefully all before the kids get home from school so that we can put up our Christmas Tree tonight. So I thought I would just share a few tidbits while I sat here eating breakfast.

Most of the trip from our place to Utah is spent in Idaho, which....lets face it, it is not the most "scenic" drive. So usually when I am going through this part of the trip I can have some personal time to meditate. Well....this time when we were going through Idaho, it was not only dark, but foggy, so you could not see any thing! This left me way to much time to think....hmmm...what could I blog about when I get home....lets see....I could blog about:

~~The fact that my kids refuse to unbutton their pants to put them on, they will just squirm, lay down, jump, or wiggle, but will NOT unbutton the pants (staying in one small room and making all 3 of them get dressed at the same time in that same room really opened my eyes to this one)

~~The fact that Bryan thinks that road trips are a lot like Mario Kart (when we were driving at 3-4 in the morning, this was HILARIOUS to me, I thought of several similarities, but then when I thought of them during regular daylight hours it was not that funny at all)

~~The fact that I CAN NOT eat a jaw breaker without biting it. I tried it about 7 times on the drive down and couldn't do it, I just had this CRAZY desire to bite the thing...don't get to close to me I guess, you never know when that desire will hit!

~~The fact that I can rent some redbox movies in Utah, let the kids watch them the entire way home, and return them at a rexbox here....that is just AWESOME!! And the BEST part?......there is NO charge for the AWESOMENESS!

~~The fact that I will have to vacuum for 2 hours to get my car clean when I get home....No, no one wants another vacuum post :)

~~The fact that not matter how much fun you have or how many wonderful memories you make, there is nothing quite like coming home!

7 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I have to agree with you about the jawbreakers, I can't do it either. Samething with a tootsie roll pop. I did not know that about redbox. I mean, I realize it said you could return it to any location, but the depth and scope of that had yet to hit me.
Congrats on everything, can't wait to see more posts, and welcome back!

Charlotte said...

~~I laugh at the thought of all of them squirming into pants.

~~Did Bryan try to het you to throw banana peels out the window?

~~You will regret biting when you break your jaw (although I have the same problem)

~~I'll remember the redbox advice

~~I say here, here for the vacuum post (if you do enough maybe I can one day spell vacuum without cheating)

~~Glad you made it home safe!

Mom at Our House said...

--My son is just the opposite. He never buttons up his pants once they are on. (this could be embarrassing if not caught in time)

--I am the same with all candy, and Popsicle. I can't just enjoy them I have to bite in to them. I have tried many times. I just can't do it.

Alicia Leppert said...

This was hilarious. The Mario Kart one made me laugh out loud, picturing you cracking up about it late at night and then the next day trying to remember why it was so funny. Pure comedy.

Oh, and can I just say how much I LOVE the fact that you quoted one of my most favorite movie quotes ever? My only question is: Do you charge for actractiveness?

Alicia Leppert said...

Okay, that would have been funnier if I had actually spelled attractiveness right.

andrea said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST POST I'VE EVER READ IN MY LIFE!!!!!

Tucker Mom said...

I agree with the coming home (well kinda). I think Idaho is better than New Mexico expecially with a migraine.