Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Begining the Catch Up

So I have several posts to do, what with Christmas and Birthdays and such, and I wasn't sure where to start so I decided to start at the beginning and do them in chronological order, so here goes:

The week before Christmas my kids had their first piano recital. They had been practicing extra hard (I hear the songs in my sleep now) and I was SO proud of how well they played them. Luckily we are close friends with not only the piano teacher...aka Aunt Andrea, but also her other students, so the recital was a small affair at our friends house.
They had some soft cozy lighting, which made for a more intimate setting, but terrible video, but I knew grandparents would want to hear so here are the dark videos:



They did SUCH a great job! I will be glad to go from Christmas music to regular songs (I think) but will look forward to next year when my kids will once again fill my house with the sounds of Christmas!

7 comments:

andrea said...

They DID do a great job!

Thanks for posting that wonderful picture of me, but it was worth it to see that Ashton had snuck in there :-)

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I liked sneaky Ashton too! The kids did a great job. Andrea, you can teach Abe piano when he gets older, okay?

Charlotte said...

Good job guys! We are getting ready to start Ethan on piano. I love hearing them play and wish I could have heard my niece and nephew practicing, too.

Anonymous said...

I loved to hear them play. I am so proud of them and all the hard work to get ready for a recital. Thanks for posting the performance. Give them a hug and a kiss from Grandma. I thought sneaky Aston was adorable.

Charlotte said...

Ashton was a great secret student. Trevor and Kaylee did great. Good job Andrea. Loved to see the video.

Charlotte said...

Um, that last comment was left by some imposter. One named LeAnn who forgot to log into her account before she published her comment.

Mom at Our House said...

I think it would be great to know how to play the piano, but I don't even know how to read music so I don't think it will ever happen :(