Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Picture, Picture, Who Has a Picture?

I realized that I have not had a good post with pictures of us on it for a while (don't expect great things from this one either) I have just not been in a picture taking mood (or a picture developing mood....or do we not use the word "develop" with digital pictures anymore?) Anyway, back to the point. I thought I would just do a quick update on a few things going on around here. I will start off with a GREAT story for all you Moms.

I was busy cleaning the house while my kids were playing in their rooms (I know you think I am being sarcastic about the cleaning stuff, but really I was!!) Trevor was "bored" and didn't know what to do, and after he rejected my suggestions of helping out with the housework, he decided to do a puzzle. So he got out a puzzle and a large board to do it on. After dumping out all the pieces he promptly left the room and went back to his bedroom. I told him several times to come pick up his puzzle, to which he kept responding..."I am not done with it yet!!) As I was about to finish the room Trevor comes over to me and says "OK, Mom, I am done with my puzzle now you can pick it up." I look over and it looks the exact same as before! So I start the mental dilemma of "do I want to start this battle? I could pick it up in 2 seconds or I can make him pick it up, argue about it with him for 1/2 hour and then end up either threatening his life to get him to do it, or just doing it myself while he stands in the corner" I decided that the afternoon was going so nicely that I would just take the 2 seconds to pick up the puzzle. As I scooped the pieces into the box this fell out:
If you can't read it, it says: "Thank you Mom for all the hard work Mom."

How much sweeter can it get! The whole thing had been a set up. He was in his room making the card and hid it in the pieces so that when I cleaned it up I would find it. A few minutes later Kaylee came out with this lovely card for me.
If you can't tell what it is, you will have to ask Kaylee because neither can I, but I told her that I loved it and said Thank you.
While on the subject of Thank Yous I must mention that I woke up yesterday morning and came out to find that my WONDERFUL husband had gotten up at 5:30 and was cleaning the kitchen for me! What a great surprise!

The next big thing that has happened is that I cut my hair. Now when I say that I cut my hair I don't mean that I went and had my hair cut, I mean I went and got some scissors and cut my hair! It started as my trimming my bangs and but I'm afraid I got carried away. I figured if I screwed it up to badly I could then pay someone else (like a professional) to fix it, so long as I didn't cut it to short. I think it looks OK, and so far no one is willing to tell me otherwise, so I guess I will stick with it. Here are a few pictures of my new do:
I KNOW! This is a terrible picture of me, however I couldn't resist putting it on because I thought it looked kind of like Clay Aiken and I got a good laugh out of it and thought you might too.

And here is a cute picture of Ashton:
So there you have it. This is what you get when I sit down with no idea what to blog about and decide to check what is on the camera. Have a GREAT day! (and I promise to take better pictures of my kids this week!)

17 comments:

Shayla said...

Brenda! Your hair is super cute! I can't believe you did it all by yourself...it looks so awesome. You are so brave, I would definitely do some serious hack-job to myself if I tried to cut my own. I love the mental conversation you had with yourself over whether to make Trevor clean up his own mess or just doing it yourself. I thought I was the only mom who ever did that...I almost always clean it myself. I'm so bad that way. It's just so much easier!

Alicia Leppert said...

I am SO glad you said it first, because the first thing I thought when I saw that picture was, "Wow, she totally looks like Clay Aiken in that picture!" But the hair is adorable, and I love that you're bringing tie-dye back.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Okay, random. I would never have thought that you looked like Clay Aiken. I really do like your hair though, it looks great. Mom used to do that to her hair all the time. I think Ashton is starting to look a lot more like Bryan. I love the cards too. Aren't you glad you didn't fight him on picking it uP?

Mindi B said...

I would say you did quite well on the hair cut. I cut my hair all the time, because it is a short, messy do anyway - I figure I can't do too much damage. Your hair is cute. Nice job.

meohmyers said...

I'm so impressed! Your haircut is awesome! Sorry, I couldn't see Clay Aiken at all. But it made me laugh. I'm so relieved the card-finding-puzzle-pick-up turned out so happily. I probably would have ruined it for my kids! That was too cute. I love when my kids write me love notes.

Charlotte said...

Those cards are so adorable! It is cute that he assumed you would pick up his puzzle for him (what 7 year old doesn't?)

LOVE the haircut! I didn't get the haircutting gene. Maybe if I ever live close by you can do it for me (professionals seem unable to do it right).

And I don't think that looks anything like Clay Aiken. Although I know your dilemma. The other day I thought- should I post this picture of myself? It makes me look like Angelina Jolie. . .

andrea said...

Those cards are awesome! That makes me really excited for a day when Addie can be nice to me. And that picture on Ashton is too precious- I was also thinking when he was over here the other day that he is looking a lot like Bryan. In a cute way.

Tucker Mom said...

I love the hair cute and it looks nothing like Clay Aiken. When I did my hair last I thought I looked like Mrs Brady on the Brady bunch. No pictures of that one. You did a good job I really like it. Ashton is so cute. He really does look like Bryan.

Jessica Tucker said...

It was so nice of them to make those cards for you! your kids are so sweet :)
I love your hair cut!!!

GordonTucker said...

I bet your SUPER glad you didn't yell at him and THEN find the cards. Would have made you feel terrible.

Good job on the hair

Anonymous said...

I love the cards, what a sweet thing to do. That would be a classic pay back moment.
I think your hair is very cute. Good job. I'm too chicken to cut my own hair. Good for you.

Shalise said...

Cute hair. It's really flattering...you should wear it with pride! I think I would have a bunch of big dents in mine if I cut it myself. I used to make my roommates do it at school though.

Anonymous said...

I love the hair cut. How much do you charge to do other peoples hair? You kids are the cutiest. I hope some day my kids do cute things like that.

Alicia Leppert said...

Hey, check out my blog to see your award!

Natasha said...

What thoughtful children you have, your hair is very cute (maybe you should give me a trim), and that Ashton is a perfect baby!

Charlotte said...

Were you so shocked by Clay Aiken's news that you had a heart attack which affected your ability to use your fingers and typing a post with your toes is taking a whole week?

That is surely why there is no new post.

Tiffany said...

Nice job on the haircut. I am truly impressed. How in the world does someone go about cutting the back of their hair?