Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Let the Creativity Flow
We have been doing some fun Halloween crafts lately. The first thing we did (for Family Home Evening last week) was to paint pumpkins. The kids each picked a large and a small pumpkin at the store and then they got to paint them. We normally carve pumpkins, but didn't think they would last until Halloween if we cut them up, so painting it was. I was going to have a guess who made that pumpkin contest, but decided that it was pretty obvious who made each one, so decided to just tell you.
Trevor had a lot of great ideas
Kaylee said "I don't care if it does not look like a face, I just LOVE to put a lot of paint on it!"
Nathan was very creative in mixing his colors, he has a great knack for turning any combination of colors into the same shade of gray.
Here is my lovely masterpiece (most of the pumpkins have glow in the dark paint on them, and it makes them look really cool in the dark)
And here is Bryan's (I think he won the coolest pumpkin award)
Oh yeah, and Ashton's pumpkin
The next craft was last night for FHE. We got together with Barlow and Andrea and made TONS of graham cracker houses. Then we gathered in the club house at their apartment complex with a few other families to decorate some Haunted Houses. It is normally a Christmas Tradition, but it was REALLY fun to modify it into a Halloween activity. Nathan promptly finished first and fell asleep on a chair (turns out he wasn't feeling well), and Bryan was the last to finish (turns out he is quite creative) All in all it was a great night and I think even our crazy Halloween Aunt and Uncle aka Kim and Ken would be proud of our houses.
It was Kaylee's idea to have the eyeball in her mouth (poor thing growing up with 3 brothers)
Trevor wanted to show off both sides of his house (some day he will regret making THAT face in every picture I take of him)
Nathan put all the candy on this himself (we helped with the frosting glue)
Bryan's Masterpiece (notice the dirt landscaping made from crushed graham cracker)
And Mine and Ashton's not much to brag about. (Ashton ate tons of candy so that he would stay out of our hair....turns out he wasn't feeling well also and ended up losing most of the candy later that night....yuk!)
I am still busy working on costumes. I am half way done, and getting started on the other half....can't wait for the big night!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
What a fun time we had!!!
So much fun. We have been so busy with moving we haven't got to do anything fun really. We really need to. I know you live in Washington, but what town do you live in? If you don't want to leave info like that on a blog, you can email me at beccadenning@gmail.com
fun, fun, fun! I love Halloween time. I am glad your big night turned out well.
That is amazing. We definately approve....just wish we were there to show you up, I mean participate. And gee...I wonder where Trevor gets the idea to make that face in the picture (like father like son???)
Man, I was so going to make a comment about Bryan's face, but Kim beat me to it :-( Uh... nice face Bryan! We are like ultimate event planners and should just be in charge of everything from now on.
That is THE COOLEST idea to go Halloween gingerbread houses. It would be so fun to try and use candy in different ways to make it look haunted.
So...am I the only one nervous to go to your house Thursday night with your kids yacking?
I mean, sorry your kids are sick.
OH CRAP card night is this Thursday?!
I am so jealous. That sounds like fun and I will be ripping off the idea next year.
The pumpkins were very artistic. If I don't get into gear, we will not be painting pumpkins this year.
What a wonder idea... I wonder who came up with such a great idea...
I really love the glow in the dark paint. What a wonderful idea. I may just have to try it.
What a great idea. Bryan looks like he ate something weird. The house look nice and Brenda you look skinny. Halloween can be so much fun.
Post a Comment