Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Oh where oh where has the time gone!

I would love to do more posts right now, but alas, I have to hibernate up in my craft room sewing like a mad woman to get my families Halloween costumes done. How long can it take you might ask?? Well this year we are doing a family theme. Last time I did a family theme this is how it turned out:And yes, I sewed all those costumes myself with NO pattern! This year should (knock on wood) turn out pretty good, but it will take ALL week for me to finish. I have asked the Relief Society to bring in meals and plan to just ignore the laundry (hey, it has already been a couple of weeks, why not one more right?) But it will be worth it right? Only time will tell.

14 comments:

Charlotte said...

I loved that year. You guys looked so awesome!! You are truly incredible ;)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME. I have wanted to do that as a family theme in the past the only problem is my sewing skills are minimal and I would HAVE to have a pattern.

Anonymous said...

I think that the "Incredibles" were awesome costumes and now I'm excited to see the latest ones. Who cares about laundry you are building great memories!

Tad and Liza said...

You guys looked great! Our problem is, no one could agree on one theme. They all have their own ideas and are not about to change. Do we have to wait to know what you are going to be this year?

Mindi B said...

Wow!!! You're "INCREDIBLE!" (Pun intended. he he) I can't wait to see pictures from this year.

Barlow said...

Heck yes this year will be awesome! With the combined forces of Davis and Tucker, how can it not be :)

Alicia Leppert said...

I am dying to see the unveiling! So much mystery. Have you figured out somewhere to get more use out of them, other than an hour in the dark at the church?

Tucker Mom said...

I loved that year. You have such talent. Can't wait to see this years. It should be great.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Not to be a broken record, but the incredibles were definately a classic. I can't wait to see you all this year! I'm excited for everyone's costumes, although ours will be the best, of course!

Tiffany said...

How come I didn't get the Tucker gene where I'm so inventive and talented and creative... Those look so awesome.

Shayla said...

Can't wait to see what all this hard work adds up to! Seriously, you need to be able to show off these Halloween costumes for more than just an hour at the church for Trunk-or-Treat.

andrea said...

Hey, we should wear our costumes to church on Sunday, that way those ward members who didn't get to see the masterpieces at the party will get the full effect.

I'm kind of nervous, now that there is high expectations! I should probably get going...

Kevin and Eliza said...

Those are way impressive costumes. I wouldn't even attempt such a task. You did a fantastic job! I'm looking forward to this year and I believe I have already heard what you all are going to be. :)

Barlow said...

so... where is the post with this years costume?