Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday-Snowday

We got an ice storm yesterday, followed by rain, which froze about an inch of ice on the ground, then it snowed 5-6 inches this morning (and it is still snowing now!) So we got a call this morning letting us know that all church meetings were canceled today. The worst part is that we worked hard all day yesterday to get the house clean for company (boy am I glad I knew Kim was coming because my house would never have gotten clean otherwise!) But now the kids are home all day and we don't do work on Sunday, so we have had to improvise. After the kids played out in the snow, we made cookies to bring to our friends down the road. Bryan pulled Kaylee and Trevor on the sled and I pushed Nathan and Ashton in our big bike trailer stroller. It actually worked really well, and our friends were all shocked to see someone at their door in this kind of weather.

5 comments:

andrea said...

Looks like you guys had fun! We were wishing we could make it over there (without having to walk) so we could just have an all day beat-Bryan-at-Settlers marathon. Addie really liked the video, when I turned it on she couldn't see it, but she said, "Trevor!" And then we had to watch it about 4 more times.

Boyer Family said...

I love how you shut the door in Trevor's face! Man I wish for one day we could get some snow like that(and have a yard to play in).

Charlotte said...

That looks like a lot of fun. My kids love to play in the snow. Aren't you glad Barlow didn't come over? Then there would have been two of you making snow angels in swimsuits! (Or who knows what Bryan's evil presuation powers could have combined with Barlow's to get you to do!)

Tucker Mom said...

Looks like fun. You closed the door just in time to miss the snow ball. Love to hear the kids laugh it warms the heart. I still don't know if I miss the snow though.

Boyer Family said...

It is true I am surpised they haven't tried to combine powers to get us all to move out there. I guess that shows how much you guys want us out there :(