Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blessings of the Spirit

For those of you who have not heard my crazy neighbor story (this is only one of many crazy neighbor stories that we have) here goes: Last Wednesday morning as Bryan left for work, I took our garbage can out to the curb. I watched Bryan drive away, then stop and back up. He tells me to look at our neighbors garbage can. Sticking out the top of his garbage is our wagon! Now this wagon has been out in our "garden" for about a year now. True enough our "garden" looks like a garbage heap because it is full of cement pieces, rocks and weeds. But our wagon had been half buried with dirt and rocks, so our neighbor apparently dug it up in the middle of the night (we actually heard him doing it, we just didn't know what the sound was at the time), and put it out in his garbage can!! We were quite upset. Then later that day I saw him again in our "garden" digging up rocks and dirt and throwing them away. Well a few days later, Bryan was outside installing our new tether ball pole when this neighbor approached him and told him that he needed to clean up that dirt pile aka garden because he is worried about our kids falling on it and getting hurt. He said that he tried to take care of it for us, but it was to much for him. (he is older and has had a stroke so he only has the use of one of his arms). Anyway, it is a little bit freaky that he feels so free to dig up our garden, but I just realized that I do not feel that he poses any threat to our family. I am grateful that we have the spirit to guide our actions. I know that the spirit warns us of danger, and comforts us when there is safety. (this is by far not the strangest thing our neighbor has done by the way, but the rest will have to wait for later!)

5 comments:

Tucker Mom said...

Try garlic I heard that that help with the crazy neighbors. Maybe a 10 foot fence would help. Even some barbed wire. Good luck.

Boyer Family said...

That is a little strange but it is good that you are looking at it the way you are. A lot of the time I think people have good intentions and we shut them out. You do have to listen to the spirit when things like that come along because sometimes people don't have good intention :( Thanks for sharing.

GordonTucker said...

sounds like you need to build a nice big fence (maybe one with an alarm that says 'leave our wagon alone!!!')

Charlotte said...

I remember when you first told the story- you thought maybe he wanted to help or maybe he was just being mean. I'm glad it turned out closer to the help side (although I wouls make a fence priority #1!!!)

Brenda said...

the fence is half way done, the rest of it is sitting in our garage, unfortunately, staying warm is priority number one, so we will wait until it warms up to finish the fence. Hopefully that will be soon.