Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Successes and Failures

I had quite an interesting day today with several ups and downs. As I prepare for bed I was thinking about them all and thought I would share:

Success: I got Ashton to eat his dinner without yelling at him or force feeding him

Failure: I did not do the dinner dishes....last night or tonight

Success: I completed all of my grocery shopping with all 5 kids and bought a large clock I have had my eyes on for a couple of years.

Failure: I was "that lady" at Wal-mart with my kids, they were screaming and fighting and running up and down the isles, and I was about at the end of my rope, and I am pretty sure it showed.

Success: I got all the kids fed and out the door and made it to Cub Scout pack meeting before the opening prayer.

Failure: Blake was covered in spit-up and stunk (I am pretty sure some of the other kids stunk, but I don't want to embarrass them by putting it on the blog)

Success: I got Ashton to bed without yelling at him (for those not around Ashton a lot, I will let you know that he is trying to make the most out of the term "terrible twos" before he reaches the age of 3.

Failure: It is past bed time and I have still not put away the non perishable groceries.

Success: I wrote a blog post

Failure: No pictures of my new clock and newly painted front room.

There you go, a day of ups and downs. Overall I feel pleased with my day and look forward to the new day I have in front of me tomorrow.

5 comments:

Me said...

I would just give myself credit for what actually got done (especially taking all 5 to the store!), and forget the rest!

:) Mary P.

Beth said...

You're awesome Brenda!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

You just need to live closer to me and I'll watch your kids for you! And, I really want to see pictures of your new decorating!

Charlotte said...

Your failures are practically my best days!

Javier said...

Hi Davis Iam Javier Rojas from El Salvador, Congratulations for your family